Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [solved]Accessing parameter value when chaining from a calendar control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[solved]Accessing parameter value when chaining from a calendar control
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
In HTML Composer I am attempting to filter a listbox from a chained calendar control parameter value. The calendar control date range is set to relative and the date format is MDYY. I am not using a procedure to create the calendar. The date within the listbox data file is format YYMD. So far I have been unsuccessful in accessing the calendar parameter value in the procedure used to generate the listbox. Can anyone tell me how to pass the calendar control date parameter value to a chained listbox? Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcorp,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

From our technicals: What you can try is to set the calendar control to YMD format and set the listbox to YMD. IF that doesn’t help, please open a case with Customer Support Services for assistance. You may call 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I developed a process that I will label a workaround. It works well and I am happy with the solution. Step 1: I created a hidden list box containing calendar dates in A8 yymd format. Step 2: I chained this listbox to the listbox that I wanted to filter based on the user supplied calendar date. This listbox contains a list of vendors. I also have a listbox containing regions that is chained as well to the vendor listbox and I wanted both filters to apply. Step 3: I pick up the calendar entry via an event and use IbComposer_setCurrentSelection to select the corresponding calendar date in the hidden listbox. The chaining takes place and my vendor listbox is then refreshed with the filtered values from both listboxes applied. There may be another way, but like I said it works great for me. Thanks.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML