Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] Free Form Layout in PDF questions

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] Free Form Layout in PDF questions
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello,

It's my first time learning how to do a free form report with a PDF output. I used the following link to get myself started: http://documentation.informati...c259.htm#dfre1008719

My questions are:

1) How do I make my "NOTES" field wrap? Currently, it doesn't wrap and the text cuts off at the end of the page mid-sentence.

2) How do I make the next record go under the "*********" line? I want 3 on one page before the page break. For example, if I have 90 records, I want it to display 3 per page, so when I print, it prints 30 pages rather than 90 pages. I tried to remove "PAGE-BREAK" from the last BY line, but it only displays the first record and not the rest of the 89 records.

My code is as follows:
SET STYLE = OFF
SET PRINTPLUS = ON
SET STYLEMODE=FIXED
SET ONLINE-FMT = PDF 
SET NODATA = ''

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
BY ENTRY_DATE NOPRINT
HEADING
"<1><ADJNOTE"
"<1>POST DATE <ENTRY_DATE"
" "
"</1"
"<1><PLAQUE_AND_ID <40><DGYR"
"<1><PREF_LINE_1 <40><MANAGER"
"<1><PREF_LINE_2 <40>-------------------------------------"
"<1><PREF_LINE_3 <40><AMOUNT <MATCHING"
"<1><PREF_LINE_4 <40><DESG"
"<1><PREF_LINE_5"
"<1><PREF_LINE_6 <40><MOTIV"
"<1><COUNTRY <40>-------------------------------------"
"</1"
"<40>Pledge Amount: <42><PLAMOUNT"
"<1><TYPE <30><PA_EXPIRE <40>Paid to Date: <42><PAID"
"<1><FISCTOT <30><NEWCLUB <40>Balance: <42><BALANCE"
"<1><LASTFISCTOT <30><CURRCLUB <40><DURATION <FREQUENCY"
"<40><PHONE"
"<1><NOTES"
"</1"
"******************************************************************************"
BY PLAQUE_AND_ID NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: a415,

Windows 7
Excel/HTML/AHTML/PDF

Posts: 34 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: July 25, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I'm being delirious but here's one way to take care of the page break:

Add the following right after the TABLE FILE command:
COMPUTE LINE_PER_PAGE/D10 = IF LINE_PER_PAGE LT 3 THEN LINE_PER_PAGE + 1 ELSE 1; NOPRINT
COMPUTE PAGE_COUNT/D10    = IF LINE_PER_PAGE EQ 1 THEN PAGE_COUNT    + 1 ELSE PAGE_COUNT; NOPRINT

Then add this after the first BY statement:
BY TOTAL PAGE_COUNT NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK

Something like this:
SET STYLE = OFF
SET PRINTPLUS = ON
SET STYLEMODE=FIXED
SET ONLINE-FMT = PDF 
SET NODATA = ''

TABLE FILE SQLOUT

COMPUTE LINE_PER_PAGE/D10 = IF LINE_PER_PAGE LT 3 THEN LINE_PER_PAGE + 1 ELSE 1; NOPRINT
COMPUTE PAGE_COUNT/D10 = IF LINE_PER_PAGE EQ 1 THEN PAGE_COUNT + 1 ELSE PAGE_COUNT; NOPRINT

BY ENTRY_DATE NOPRINT
BY PLAQUE_AND_ID NOPRINT

HEADING
"<1><ADJNOTE"
"<1>POST DATE <ENTRY_DATE"
" "
"</1"
"<1><PLAQUE_AND_ID <40><DGYR"
"<1><PREF_LINE_1 <40><MANAGER"
"<1><PREF_LINE_2 <40>-------------------------------------"
"<1><PREF_LINE_3 <40><AMOUNT <MATCHING"
"<1><PREF_LINE_4 <40><DESG"
"<1><PREF_LINE_5"
"<1><PREF_LINE_6 <40><MOTIV"
"<1><COUNTRY <40>-------------------------------------"
"</1"
"<40>Pledge Amount: <42><PLAMOUNT"
"<1><TYPE <30><PA_EXPIRE <40>Paid to Date: <42><PAID"
"<1><FISCTOT <30><NEWCLUB <40>Balance: <42><BALANCE"
"<1><LASTFISCTOT <30><CURRCLUB <40><DURATION <FREQUENCY"
"<40><PHONE"
"<1><NOTES"
"</1"
"******************************************************************************"
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Francis,

I gave that a try and I get the following error:
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE    338  IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
 (FOC002) A WORD IS NOT RECOGNIZED: NOPRINT
 BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
 (FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

Line 338 is the first COMPUTE statement under TABLE FILE SQLOUT command when looking at the text view.

Windows 7
Excel/HTML/AHTML/PDF

Posts: 34 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: July 25, 2011Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try inserting SUM before the first COMPUTE

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello j.gross,

When I add the SUM before the COMPUTE, it runs. BUT, it still shows 1 person per page and on each page it's the same person duplicated 26 times. When I remove the SUM and COMPUTE, it's 26 different people on separate pages.

Windows 7
Excel/HTML/AHTML/PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have

It's hard to provide code that's guaranteed to work with your data - try creating an example with an IBI sample file (CAR, EMPLOYEE, GGSALES, etc) so that we can run and reproduce the report...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

I did have BY TOTAL PAGE_COUNT NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK.

I created an example with an IBI Sample File using COURSE per your suggestion. However, I couldn't find anything with a column containing a paragraph as my NOTES section does to replicate the wrapping error. What I did in this case was add DESCRIPTN1 through DESCRIPTN3 on the same line and it's not wrapping like my NOTES field.

SET STYLE = OFF
SET PRINTPLUS = ON
SET STYLEMODE = FIXED
SET ONLINE-FMT = PDF 
SET NODATA = ''

TABLE FILE COURSE
-*SUM COMPUTE LINE_PER_PAGE/D10 = IF LINE_PER_PAGE LT 3 THEN LINE_PER_PAGE + 1 ELSE 1; NOPRINT
-*SUM COMPUTE PAGE_COUNT/D10    = IF LINE_PER_PAGE EQ 1 THEN PAGE_COUNT    + 1 ELSE PAGE_COUNT; NOPRINT
-*BY TOTAL PAGE_COUNT NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK
HEADING
" "
"<1>Course Code: <COURSECODE"
"<1>Course Title: <CTITLE"
"</2"
"<1>Source:  <SOURCE <45>Classification: <CLASSIF"
"<1>Tuition: $<TUITION <45>Duration: <DURATION"
"</1"
"<10><DESCRIPTN1 <DESCRIPTN2 <DESCRIPTN3"
"</2"
"***************"
-*BY COURSECODE NOPRINT 
BY COURSECODE NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

I commented out the suggestions made with the COMPUTE and BY, since those did not fix the issue when I ran it.

Thanks again for looking into this!

Windows 7
Excel/HTML/AHTML/PDF