Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Column Headings
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,
I have many HTML reports that scrolls way down and the users lose track of which column is which. I was wondering is it possible to keep the Column Headings fixed and scroll just the data ?

Thanks for any suggestions to accomplish this.

Posts: 30 | Registered: September 21, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
This is not really an answer to your question but if you add the following line to your report you can change how often the column titles are repeated.

SET LINES = 50

This will repeat the column titles after every 50 lines of data.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
bc, you're not alone in wishing for an easy way to do this. In addition to Curtis's solution, you can experiment with SET WEBVIEWER = ON which displays your report a page at a time.
The solution i use (which is also mentioned on this board by other folks) involves a bit more coding..my output is a frameset where the top frame is the header section, non-scrolling, and the bottom frame is the datatable with scrolling enabled.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
This is something I picked up from an earlier post in Focal Point and may help. Try this against the CAR file.
NOTE:
I had to take the less than and greater than signs off of the code below to send this message.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RCOST AS ' ' BY COUNTRY AS ' ' BY CAR AS ' '
ON TABLE HOLD AS GARR FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
HTML
HEAD
STYLE
DIV.aside {position:absolute; top: 65px; left: 10px; height: 200px; width: 500
px; overflow: scroll}
/STYLE
/HEAD
body
<h1>Country Car Cost</h1>
<DIV class=aside>
!IBI.FIL.garr;
</DIV>
/body
/HTML
-HTMLFORM END

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
<Lee Roper>
posted
<<This is not really an answer to your question but if you add the following line to your report you can change how often the column titles are repeated.

SET LINES = 50

This will repeat the column titles after every 50 lines of data. >>

I have the opposite problem: I need to surpress the repeating column headings. If I put in SET LINES = 0 will it not repeat the column headings?

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
SET LINES=999999

Sets the maximum number of lines of printed output that appear on a page, from the
heading to the footing. Sets the maximum number of lines that appear on a logical
page, from the heading at the top to the footing on the bottom. The value of LINES
can range between 1 and 999999; specify 999999 for continuous forms. WebFOCUS
will generate HEADING and FOOTING text after each group of lines as defined with
the SET parameter.

Report This Post