Focal Point
[CLOSED] Unable to access Repository

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3247041196

February 27, 2019, 10:38 AM
Les J
[CLOSED] Unable to access Repository
I guessing this is the problem. It has happened before and it happened again yesterday after I did a Windows update. It could be a coincidence because I don't recall before if this happened after an update.

My previous issues were only when I was connected via VPN but today I'm connected Ethernet and having the same issue. When I'm in App Studio, I can edit, save and run any focexec, but the problem is when I try and create a new report (via GUI), do a "Save As", or try an insert an image into my HTML page. I get the hour-glass when it tries to open the widow to select a file from the repository and then it just locks up. The only thing I can do is kill my App Studio process.

Has anyone else have this occur or know what I can check to see what's causing the issue? I just did a uninstall/reinstall of App Studio and it fixed my problem so something my be getting corrupted in a configuration file or something (just guessing). Would hate to have to do this every time this happens.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
February 28, 2019, 04:56 AM
Addy
I had crashing issues when working with HTML pages and used live data instead of Simulated data.

I had lots of filters and chaining always caused issues.
I do remember IBI giving me a patch for app studio.
It will be worth checking with Tech support.

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006