Focal Point
[CLOSED] Reset Admin Password

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3247045296

February 07, 2020, 03:22 PM
Jveselka
[CLOSED] Reset Admin Password
Does anyone have instruction on how to change the admin password?

Edition: WebFOCUS
Product Release: 8.1
Service Pack: 0.5
Build Version: branch8105m
Build/GEN Number: 172
Build/GEN Date: July 29, 2016 3:12:58 PM CDT
Application Server: Apache Tomcat/7.0.33

THanks
JV[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs
February 07, 2020, 03:29 PM
BabakNYC
Security Center from the Admin menu. You should be able to set password for any users id.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 07, 2020, 03:36 PM
Jveselka
This is the admin password I use to access all my servers, admin consoles, etc. I would think it would be hard coded somewhere or at least more to it then just changing it in the security center.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs
February 07, 2020, 03:45 PM
BabakNYC
I can't remember if 8105 has this or not but you should be able to click the user name (Administrator) and a drop down allows you to change password. I'm not sure how else you could do this.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 07, 2020, 04:05 PM
Jveselka
Ok, i will take a look. Thanks. Just seems to easy...lol

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs
February 07, 2020, 04:37 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Jveselka

Are you using internal or external security. From the client administration console click on Application Settings / Security and it will tell you what your setting is. If it is INTERNAL then what BabakNYC is telling you to do should work. Additionally you should look under Reporting Servers / Remote Service and click on the EDASERVE node name and see if the Security is TRUSTED if it is then you will be able to change the password as BabakNYC has said and be able to go the the Reporting Server console without having to log in.

If you are still having issues then on the Reporting Server console under Access Control look under the Server Administrator role and see if Administrators is listed. If it isn't then right mouse click on it and click Register Group to register it.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats