Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Report Caster service Done

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Report Caster service Done
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I use WebFOCUS 7611
I do not understand why my caster stops regularly. I activated the traces.
From my research we have 3 services :
Reader
Dispatcher
Consol
it is the reader service and does not appear in the console caster.
Is it possible to test these services in command mode in order to prevent the shutdown?

Regards,

Ludovic

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +
Chrome, IE, Excel, HTML; PDF, AHTML,GRAPH

Posts: 92 | Location: France | Registered: July 08, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
No suggestions ?

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +

Master
posted Hide Post
Did you check the logs? Are you seeing any error?

Do you have access to start the Reportcaster server in command mode? If yes, then you can go to the server and start it in command mode and test.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
During the incident the traces were not activated
I checked the logs there was no error.
I activated the traces but no crash since.
Happen when I could analyze traces

But I'd be able to check until this reader service is active, and I want a controller capable of accurately test the service.
Because I can test the caster but it does not return error in case the Reader service is KO.

Thanks

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi JACQUETL,

I checked with our technicals and was confirmed that we will need the ReportCaster schedule trace for debugging. So please kindly keep an eye on your side and keep us posted on the status.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Ok, i will open case. thanks for your help.

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +