Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] How do you Capture Modified Date from Properties?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] How do you Capture Modified Date from Properties?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello All,

In the item description we can capture the create date, created by, modify by, etc (this is the info that you see when you right click a fex in MRE) - but we cannot seem to capture modify on date --- Does anyone have code or know how to do that? Is it even possible in webFOCUS 7.7.03 and 7.7.04 --

There is some code that is run to create a focus database called mrcontnt (I am not sure if this is provided by IBI or not) that has the item_desc in it.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vivian,

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
there is no mod date in the .htms...just lastmodby+userid.
i have a need to do just that, so that i don't process a file if it was created already today. and i do it the hard way, making a dos command to dump the contents of a directory into a file,then -read the file, and grab the date.
even that's not going to work for us past 7.n. sigh.
if there is another way, you wrote the book Smiler

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We use this:
APP QUERY ibisamp HOLD

TABLE FILE FOCAPPQ
PRINT DATE TIME
BY FILENAME
WHERE FILENAME EQ 'car.foc';
END

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Susannah -- You are always a fount of wisdom. I may have to do it your way if I cannot make the APP QUERY approach work. I cannot take credit for writing the books -- I do the editing and publishing (WebFOCUS Keysheet and FOCUS Keysheet and (Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates books and online downloads) -- That distinguished honor goes to John W. Price.

Wep -- I am trying your method -- This is my problem - How do I assign the path to fexes in the managed reporting directory? in the APP QUERY xxx HOLD -- Your code works great when referencing the folders on the Data Servers directory -- I must be missing something -- I need to assign the managed reporting directory --- I am experimenting in the mean time -- but if you know the answer, fill me in.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Vivian,

Try this:

APP MAP OUTAPP \\SERVER-NAME\basedir\domain\app\

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We don't use MRE, so I wouldn't know. I suspect Francis just gave you the answer though.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,
Thank you for this suggestion:
quote:
APP MAP OUTAPP \\SERVER-NAME\basedir\domain\app\

Well we are working on it -- so far not having much luck --- we have the server name --- the full path for basedir -- the domain based on properties and then the word app....have you been able to get to the files in MRE using this?

does the word app need to be substituted with something? Also my admin just sent me this message:
"if i understand UNC (universal naming convention) syntax, the drive:\directory that you are trying to get to must be shared. there are no shares on the server that developers can access"

Is it true that this will not work without having shares on the server?

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well, Yippee! My admin just sent me a note that since she has share access to the drives that the technique in fact works.

And, with this piece of info she will add the modify date to the mrcontnt --- thank you everyone so much for this help!

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
Vivian, I am curious about mrcontnt, I haven't found any documentation yet.

Meanwhile, I'm glad you found a solution - I'm sorry I didn't mention that my APP MAP relied on a share.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

MRCONTNT is probably a home grown program that populates a database with all of the properties, etc about each fex contained in MRE.

Perhaps cloned from an IBI fex somewhere. I really do not have the details on it --- Sorry.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com