Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Hide fields in IA
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi All,

How can we restrict certain set of users from displaying certain set of columns in infoassist Reporting object left panel?
We have field 'username' in underlying datasource which we can query and accordingly hide columns.
Suppose we have col1,col2,col3,col4 and col5 in a reporting object. I want to hide col1 and col3 for few users in same reporting object and show all columns for other users.

Please advice.

Thanks.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML

Posts: 281 | Location: India | Registered: April 21, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
IMHO, you might need to dig more into 8.0 Security Center doc. Granular level Security.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I was hoping to get the "DBA" functionality to work. (See the "Describing Data with WebFOCUS Language" manual)
I did a test on 8.0.03. At the very end of my master file I added this:
END
DBA=XYZ,$
USER=TWANETTE,ACCESS=R,RESTRICT=FIELD,NAME=DATE_OF_BIRTH,$
When I ran a simple "PRINT *" from the server http console:
User XYZ had access to everything.
User TWANETTE had access to all fields except DATE_OF_BIRTH (i.e. this column did not print)
But, I couldn't get it to work with InfoAssist.

The other option would possibly be to dynamically generate a master file or business view. It does however depend on what type of data source you are reading.

If nobody else responds you should perhaps log a call for it. And then please post the solution for us to see as well ;-)

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
WF V8 security does not provide capabilities to control access to specific data fields. It does provide capabilities to control access to content (reports and charts, HTNL pages)and other objects such as folders and URL links.

To control access to specific data fields you will probably need to use the DBA security capabilties and should consider a group profile to designate the users that should have controled access to specific master files or data elements within a masterfile. A group profile with DBA security will make it easier to manager the users. You can set DBA security for individual user profiles also.

DBA security can also be used with earlier versions of WebFOCUS.

Prod: WF 8.005 Windows, all output formats
Dev: WF 8.005

Posts: 21 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 18, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Apologies, I should've read the post carefully.

Check this link, this is from 7704. But,not sure in IA as Twanette said. Better, you try it once.
http://documentation.informati...f/source/topic26.htm

Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post