Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     REPORT CASTER REPORT.
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
REPORT CASTER REPORT.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
i want to know how to create a report caster report that automatically sent to me when a user schedules a job.

please do reply me....

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Posts: 160 | Location: Atlanta,GA | Registered: July 16, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You could set up a Report Caster scheduled report that regularly checks the Report Caster repository for newly added jobs.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,
can you suggest me any specific manuals by which i can accomplish my task.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Check the Report Caster Administration manual, Appendix B. It refers to sample reports that are stored in the ibisamp directory. Also you can create synonyms for all of your BOT tables and write your own programs. Appendix B also documents the tables.

You will have to fool around with the time stamps. There are many posts regarding this topic in the Forum. Also Susannah has an article on the IBI web site.

Good searching!

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
do i need to have the admin privilage to use the Report caster.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Not to create a schedule under your id. However, stuff that you want to do is documented in the admin manual.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ok,will explore the manual.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi ginny,
can you give me a work flow about how i can proceed with my task,i.e;how to create a report caster report that automatically sent to me when a user schedules a job as i am pretty new to report caster.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is no "report caster report" to do what you want. What Ginny and Francis are saying is that you have to write your own report off the BOT tables and then schedule that report in RC like you would any other report and add a trigger for it to send you a report when a new record has been added (probably determined from a datetime timestamp in the table.) All documented in the manual. Sounds like you need to familiarize yourself a little with RC before jumping in. Maybe some training would be in order?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
i am trying to find the location of this master file (table)--BOTSCHED in my system.i am using this for doing it :WHENCE BOTSCHED MASTER,but i am getting a location under 'F' drive but there is no'F' drive at all in my system.
so where exactly i can find the above master....

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also you can create synonyms for all of your BOT tables

You have to create them with the web console or have an admin create them for you. A synonym is a master file. WF doesn't come with as each site can use a different data base type.

Ginny

Expert
posted Hide Post
The F drive is the F drive of the server WebFOCUS is installed on.

It's may be the "catalog" folder:

Drive:\ibi\srv76\wfs\catalog

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Or Drive:\ibi\DevStudio76\srv76\wfs\catalog

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ok,i need to create the synonyms for all the tables,i thought they were already created so that i can query the report.will do....

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey francis,
i got into the folder i,e; where the WF installed but i cannot see the master for the botsched,all i can only see the same file but it is microsoft access file type.i am looking for master file.....

i found the botsched in this directory:C:\ibi\DevStudio76\srv76\home\catalog

not in th one which you mentioned above,but the file is of ms access not a master.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swati,

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, I suppose you need to create the synonyms, because they depend on the DBMS selected to store the Report Caster tables.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ok,will do.thanks.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
When you create the synonyms from the web console, you will be asked what directory to put them in. You will only be able to select a directory in ibi/apps that is in your profile.

Once you write your program, put an APP PREPENDPATH in your program pointing to that directory so that when the job runs, particularly if it is running under another execution id, it will be able to find the BOT masters.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ginny,
when i am trying to create the master using the synonym editor,i am facing the following problem i .e;i need the following credentials:
i have to fill these three rows:--
1.restrict object type to
2.further restrict search to.
3.filter by owner/schema and object name.

kindly help me what i need to fill over....

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Master
posted Hide Post
Those are options to filter the list of returned available table to create synonyms. NOTE if you are using a DBMS for your repository such as MSSQL Server and you do not have the MSSQL Server Adapter you will not be able to create the synonym. you could filter the schema buy placing a BOT% in the filter by schema box.

Scott

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HEY,
I AM USING THE TERADATA D/B,when i enter the BOT % under the filter by schema i cannot get the table,i can only see that objects not found screen.
please tell me how i can create the masters i.e; synonym for BOTSCHED table so that i can query the master and schedule it...?

if you cannot understand my question let me know plz,will explain clearly........

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Then don't use the filter. Or make sure there is not a space between the letters and percent sign.

Are you sure that your Report Caster repository is in Teradata? What other adapters do you have? Sounds fishy to me.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey ginny,
i have three adapters like oracle,teradata and sql ,but not sure whether report caster repositary is in the tera data.so i want
to know how do i know in which adapter the report caster repository is in..?
and when i try to create a synonym using the synonym editor it populates the screen to filter,i need to pass through this screen to get the next step so i have to use the filter....

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you don't even know which repository ReportCaster is using you probably should not be creating synonyms for the RC tables. Are you and admin for ReportCaster/MRE? What your are wanting do do should noly be an admin-type user function. Usually the admin has a little more information about how the environment is set up. It could also be that RC is only using a FOCUS repository, and not any of your listed databases.

The ReportCaster configuration tool will tell you what db is used for the repository.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HEY ,
i am a jr wf developer,i am trying to create a RC report that is sent to me when a user schedules a job..?please tell me what are the steps.so that i can finish the task accordingly...
i am pretty new to Report caster.
i want to know the process of creating the synonyms to the BOT tables so that i can progaram them and alert them...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swati,

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Guru
posted Hide Post
You REALLY need to be talking to the WebFOCUS administrator in your environment. Unless your copy of Report Caster resides on your PC.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ok,what do u mena by REPORT CASTER COPY.i can acces the RC from my pc but when i access the the REPORT CASTER libraray and REPORT CASTER console,i get an error that insufficient privilages...

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Swati, do as Darin says and talk to your WebFOCUS adminstrator. He can tell you about how WebFOCUS and Report Caster are installed at your site. We have to know where the parts are in order to help you or we are all wasting our time. So, go talk to that person and get the scoop and then tell us where the WF reporting server is, where the Report Caster distribution server is, and what kind of data base is being used for the RC respository.

And if you don't have access to RC, you are not going to be able to accomplish your task. So, go talk to the admin.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ok..will do.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but if you're a developer and not the admin, I would expect that your admin is NOT going to allow you to go rummaging through the raw ReportCaster tables. There is information there that should not be accessible except to an admin. You could also do some irreparable damage. That's why access to those tables is not part of the install/config process.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991