Focal Point
[CLOSED] Adjusting LINES-PER-PAGE based on browser height

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/326108825

September 16, 2010, 11:54 AM
bflemi3
[CLOSED] Adjusting LINES-PER-PAGE based on browser height
Hi All,

I have an AHTML report that has been set for 8 LINES-PER-PAGE based on the resolution of the default corporate image and the banner and report title in the report. However, most of the people viewing the report will probably have varying resolutions. Does anyone have any experience capturing the browser height and adjusting LINES-PER-PAGE accordingly?

Thanks in advance,
B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows
All Output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
September 17, 2010, 09:46 AM
bflemi3
bump

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows
September 17, 2010, 10:02 AM
Francis Mariani
bump down.

So you're suggesting that you're ready to reduce the lines per page to less than 8 depending on the browser height?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 17, 2010, 10:34 AM
bflemi3
I suppose, but who would have their resolution set to anything bigger than 1024 x 768? I was really thinking it would grow because most people would adjust their resolution to a smaller size.

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows
September 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
Francis Mariani
I assume by "smaller" you mean "larger".

My screen resolution is 1280 by 1024 pixels, which is larger than 1024 by 768 pixels.

Google Search this "javascript detect screen resolution".

I sometimes run the following JavaScript code upon the onload event:

window.moveTo(0,0);                                    // Move the window to the top left corner
window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight); // Resize the window to the available screen size

I'm not sure how you can use the screen height to determine how many lines to set the lines per page to, since you need the screen height BEFORE running the fex...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server