Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to customize the Domain Tree in Dashboard?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to customize the Domain Tree in Dashboard?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi, does anyone know how to customize the doamin tree in dashboard? The first thing that I would like to customize is the "look and feel", and the second thing is the folders within the domain tree. There are several folders I would like to hide them so that users would be able to play around with it. In fact, the only folder I want to show to the users is "My Report". Hope there is someone knows how to do that. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.1.6 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI HTML

Posts: 77 | Location: San Ramon, CA | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
to limit the domains shown, you need to restrict what the user has access to.

Is this a Public or Group View ?

As for the styling, you may have to create a custom look, then you can change the css file to your hearts content.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

Thanks for the response. The folders under the domain that i want to customize is a Group View. At this point, everyone has only one domain access. So, i don't need to do anything to the domain.

What I am hoping to customize is the folders under the domain. There are four folders in the domain, "Standard Reports", "Reporting Objects", "My Reports", and "Share Reports" and I would like to only show "My Reports" to the users and hide the rest.

Also, after you click the saved parameter report under the "Saved Parameter Reports" folder, there are a drop down menu popped up with the options "Run", "Edit Parameters", "Run Deferred", "Schedule", "Delete", "Add to favorites" and "Properites". Can I take away the options "Schedule", and "Properties"?

In term of styling, could you show me how to apply the styling to the page and where to save/change the files? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Learner,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Learner,

I hope this document can help you a bit

http://www.edataltd.co.uk/customizewebfocusdashboard.doc

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I have already seen that document and have used some of the suggestions there. But the document does not have any info about my questions in this post. Anyway thanks for the help.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Isn't this what you are looking for :

In \WebFOCUSxx\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\menu\worp_menu.js

Change the following code :

// hide any existing menus
if(this.menuId != null)
hideIt();

/**
* check if this menu has only one item -- if so, fire event without showing menu
**/
var menuObject = getMenuObject(menuId);

if(menuObject != null && menuObject.itemsCount() == 1) {
var menuItem = menuObject.getMenuItems().first();

var onClickEvent = menuItem.getOnClickEvent();

eval(onClickEvent);

return;

}

Change into :

// hide any existing menus
if(this.menuId != null)
hideIt();

/**
* check if this menu has only one item -- if so, fire event without showing menu
**/
var menuObject = getMenuObject(menuId);

//if(menuObject != null && menuObject.itemsCount() == 1) {
if(menuObject != null && true) {
var menuItem = menuObject.getMenuItems().first();

var onClickEvent = menuItem.getOnClickEvent();

eval(onClickEvent);

return;

I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Expert
posted Hide Post
hiding folders is one of the coming features...I'm told...
we all want to be able to release a complex domain, but show only the final launch pages...
leaving all the guts of the domain nicely organized into groups and folders, but not visible to the end user.

ps..i just reread your post Learner, and i'm answering a question you didn't even ask...
the word 'folder' which is an MRE word(subset of a reporting group)..got me off onto a topic...
je m'excuse.
Your user's rights , set up in the User Management area, determine whether a user can Share Reports or Schedule them, etc. If a user does not have rights , they won't see those tabs in mre, and they won't appear as 'folders' in the domain tree or in mre (i don't think they're called 'folders'...but i'm not sure what IBI calls them, actually)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Pete, thanks for the suggestion. I don't quite understand what the code does. Could you explain what it will do? Very much appreciate your last response.

Susannah, in mre, i set the all the users role as "User", so they are only allowed to "Save Entered Values". The option "Save Reports" and "Share Reports" are not available. It seems that there isn't any other options for me to eliminate the "folders" or "groups". So, i am not user if i am missing something there.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Learner,

here is how we show reports in our dashboard

that piece of code enables you to start the reports by a single click , without getting the extra menu first

You are talking about the BI dashboard , right?

-Jim Morrison-

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
that piece of code enables you to start reports with a single click without getting the extra menu.

this screen has two blocks per page

1. list block , to which we added all reports for that view , this way you dont get folders

2. output block , which is used to disply the output of the selected report

P.

-Jim Morrison-

Expert
posted Hide Post
the downside being that you can't get to ReportAssist from list blocks...

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
With some users, that is not a downside Wink

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI - you can control the folders that are displayed to the different user roles in a group view inthe BI Dashbo

Posts: 21 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 18, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
be sure you understand that "folder" is a word defined to mean "within a reporting group".
The word "folder" doesn't apply to the elements "Standard Reports" or "Reporting Objects"

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim,

I understand now. Your design allows users to click the programs on the right block without going through the folders and subfolders. I have the same concept but in a different place. When users are given the 'Save Entered Values', they are then able to save the queries and reuse them later. For them to reuse the saved queries, there is a tree option that we can add to the dashboard so that by clicking the "tree" option, they are then brought to another page where it shows the domain and the folders or reporting groups(as Susannah mention that) belong to them. The save queries are saved under one of the folders/reporting groups there. This is the place where i want to customerize. Do you know if there is a way to do that?

posted Hide Post
from within Viewbuilder, highlight your Group View and click "Edit Settings" - this will allow you, based on user roles, to control which of the "standard" domain objects/folders display.

WF 7.7.x, Solaris

Posts: 11 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Charles, I don't see this option. Is it available only on 76x release?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Learner - to show all but My Reports go into the BID ViewBuilder, select your Group view and click on View Settings and at the bottom you can hide or show various types of reports based on the Role of the user. Give it a whirl - works a treat !!

quote:
Originally posted by Learner:
Hi Waz,

Thanks for the response. The folders under the domain that i want to customize is a Group View. At this point, everyone has only one domain access. So, i don't need to do anything to the domain.

What I am hoping to customize is the folders under the domain. There are four folders in the domain, "Standard Reports", "Reporting Objects", "My Reports", and "Share Reports" and I would like to only show "My Reports" to the users and hide the rest.

Also, after you click the saved parameter report under the "Saved Parameter Reports" folder, there are a drop down menu popped up with the options "Run", "Edit Parameters", "Run Deferred", "Schedule", "Delete", "Add to favorites" and "Properites". Can I take away the options "Schedule", and "Properties"?

In term of styling, could you show me how to apply the styling to the page and where to save/change the files? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post