Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Compound PDF mixed landscape portrait page master problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Compound PDF mixed landscape portrait page master problem
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi all,

I have a question some of your might have an answer to. If no answer... ...the it might be a nice feature request Big Grin

I got a compound PDF ( made with the Composer ) with only "references" to about 10 existing fex-files. The entire document is in "LANDSCAPE".

All is fine. Smiler

I made a Page Master for the PDF. With a nice title and logo in the header and page-numbers in the footer.

All still is fine. Smiler

Now I need a title page in portrait...
I made a nice fex to fill the title page with the relevant ( dynamic ) data and a new page in the composer (layout) and set the properties to "PORTRAIT".

That actually works fine... ...except for the page master... ...it is still superimposed in "LANDSCAPE". Which renders my title page useless.

I know I can fix it by not using a Page Master and add the logo's etc. to each page. But that's why Page Masters are invented for.

Two questions ( and if not answered : feature requests )

- Can I make two Page Masters? One for Landscape One for Portrait?
- Can I switch the Page Master layout off for a certain page. ( i.e. property : Use Page Master True/False )

Awaiting curiously...
Greets, Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave,

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You can only have one page master in a compound report. If you try adding a second one, 'page master' is grayed out and it will not let you. I could not find a way to turn it off for a specific report. The page master is 'part' of the compound report once used. It is all or nothing when working with the page master. It would be pretty tricky to get page master to work part-time, if at all do-able.

Cheers,

Kathy Phillips
Web FOCUS 8.2.05.14, 8.1.05, 8.08, 8.0.7, 8.0.5,8.0.2m, 7.6.10,7.7.03
Windows

Posts: 118 | Location: Livonia, MI | Registered: March 27, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think that when/if IBI get the multiple page master working, then it will be the way to go.

Most of our PDF reports have a parameter page at the beginning, in portrait, but many of the report content is in landscape, therefore we can't use this feature either.

May be a good idea to ask IBI if there is a workaround, or when this will be supported.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Kathy P,

Yeah... that exactly what I found... hence my question.

But thanks for double checking anyway, just to make sure I didn't miss a button or feature.

Waz,
I think making a page-property : use page master true/false.
is not rocket-science.

A beter property : use page master #
( # being the ID of one of the multiple page masters available in de compound. )
But that's more of a hassle.

Thanks so far.

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

I just came up with a dirty-dirty-dirty workaround... Music

...still waiting if someone has a less dirty one.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Would you mind sharing your dirty workaround with us?
Curious to see what you came up with.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Music Sweating

I added two thick white lines to the title-page to cover-up the header and footer of the page master.

Could also have done it with one very thick (full-page) white line... Wink

Dirty eh?

Guru
posted Hide Post
You cannot have 2 masters, nor turn off the master per page layout. Our recommendation for this is to not use a master and to have 2 page layouts already saved, one with portrait and the other with landscape and then import them as needed into the layout under development.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Master
posted Hide Post
Yes !

Thanks David. That does sounds like a less dirty solution.

Assuming it overrides any existing page lay-out. In case I want to change it again later on.

In this case I have 14 page lay-outs. With just one having a different lay-out. My dirty-dirty-dirty solution work fine just now. But in a document with the need for several lay-outs your solution is better.

Good One

Expert
posted Hide Post
You know every time you say dirty, our spam filter blocks the email. Sweating

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post