Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     conditional Expression in wf 5.3.2

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
conditional Expression in wf 5.3.2
 Login/Join

<kj>
posted
I have a conitional exxpression in Dialogmanager that spread to multiple lines.
EX:
-SET &VAL = IF &X1 EQ 1 THEN 'Y1' ELSE
- IF &X1 EQ 2 THEN 'Y2' ELSE
- IF &X1 EQ 4 THEN 'Y3'
- ELSE ' ';

This is working fine in 5.2.6 where as in 5.3.2 am getting an error
(FOC260) AN OPERATION IS MISSING AN ARGUMENT

Is there some thing wrong with the above code?
If I put everything in one line it works fine in 5.3.2 .

A quick response is heighly appreciated.

Thanks,
kj

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi KJ

The error message you are getting is different from the one we got (IBI case 93081140), but the symptom appears to be the same.

5.2.3 seems to not recognize continued lines in a DM -SET statement. Sometimes continued lines work, sometimes they don't. IBI is aware of the problem. It may be only in an ad hoc request that they don't work. We didn't pursue it very far once we found out that IBI knew about the problem.

Our solution was to make one gigundo unreadable line out of -SET statements that used to continue onto several lines.

HTH. Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
kj

Sorry--I meant to say 5.3.2. The code worked in 5.2.6.

Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post
<kj>
posted
Suzu,
thank you very much for responding quickly.
Is there any limit on number of characters we can write on a single line in DM.

Thanks,
kj

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
kj

I don't know what the limit might be, but it is certainly way more than 80 characters. I expect it's somewhere in the 3,000 ballpark, but don't really know.

Suzy

Expert
posted Hide Post
OMG! if this is a problem in 53, i'm NEVER upgrading.
here's a work around
-SET &VAL = IF &X1 EQ 1 THEN 'Y1' ELSE ' ';
-SET &VAL = IF ( &X2 EQ 'Y2') AND (&VAL EQ ' ') THEN 'Y2' ELSE &VAL;
-SET &VAL = IF ( &X3 EQ 'Y3') AND (&VAL EQ ' ') THEN 'Y3' ELSE &VAL;
...add nauseum.

Monte...please advise on the status of this 532 error...thanks.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<kj>
posted
I have noticed one thing.
1) If I open the fex in text editor and run it from there, am getting the error message. If I run it from dev studio(right click on fex and run or select fex and click on run button in toolbar) then it works fine.

Can any one tell how exactly the developer studio executes the fexs? It may be a dumb question but am totally confused with this strange behaviour.
Our environment is server based, means we do development on the server.

Thanks,
kj

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is a bug in the local Dev Studio console, and does not effect actual focexec execution.
It will be fixed in Release 5.3.3.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We have Apache, Tomcat, WebFOCUS, and all of our master, fex and focus files on unix. But we connect with these using DS.

It really does affect execution if you are running "ad hoc." You get an error and the report doesn't run.

We "think" we have figured out that "ad hoc" means:
1. Copy into PR console window and execute
2. Run from open edit window.

Sure wish it all worked the same.

<monte2000>
posted
Susannah -

Gerry beat me to it. And you can't really beat a response from the President/CEO of IBI himself.

"This is a bug in the local Dev Studio console, and does not effect actual focexec execution.
It will be fixed in Release 5.3.3. "

But I need to reiterate here - Focal Point is not a direct line to Tech Support. I am merely a moderator for the boards so if you have questions about bugs, fixes, et al, please contact Tech Support. They have all the info you need.

Thanks!

Monica

Report This Post