Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]XML at HTML Runtime with Amper Variable

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]XML at HTML Runtime with Amper Variable
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm having an issue I'm finding difficult to troubleshoot because I do not know what's happening with my fex at html runtime.

I've recreated my issue using the GGSALES master. First, I build an Excel report where I pass some parameters to a launch fex.
Then, the launch fex then runs the html. On the html page, I prefill a date picklist with selected date. The problem is in the next part.
My picklist is supposed to be the min/max date values for the selected store code, but it is not happening. I don't know if the xml is being
executed or if it just isn't getting the parameter sent to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Code for Excel Report xml_rpt.fex:

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

TABLE FILE GGSALES
PRINT
	PCD
	STCD
	DATE/MDYY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DATE, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=xml_lnch(DATE=DATE STCD=STCD), $
END

Code for HTML Launch xml_lnch.fex:

-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-SET &DATE=EDIT(&DATE,'99')|'/'|EDIT(&DATE,'$$99')|'/'|EDIT(&DATE,'$$$$9999');
-? &
-HTMLFORM XML_TEST

Code for XML fex xml_test.fex:

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM
MIN.DATE/MDYY
MAX.DATE/MDYY
WHERE STCD EQ '&STCD'
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

Code for HTML xml_test.htm:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"><meta name="mycharsetmeta" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><meta name="Generation" content="Created in release 8008, Generation 4"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0"><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var szHtmlAlias="/ibi_apps/ibi_html";var is_mobile="false";var szRunTimeHtmlAlias="runTimeHtmlAlias";var cgipath="cgipath";var ib_composer="ib_composer";var map="ib_composer_map";var grid="ib_composer_grid";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ib_composer);var nlsScript="/javaassist/nls.js";var glbScript="/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js";var replacePart="<replace>";
var scriptTemplate='<script src="'+replacePart+'" type="text/javascript"><\/script>';if(typeof(szRunTimeHtmlAlias) === 'string' && szRunTimeHtmlAlias.indexOf('/') == 0)szHtmlAlias=szRunTimeHtmlAlias;document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + nlsScript));document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + glbScript));</script><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias '/ibi_apps/ibi_html'  is not valid.");window.location("about:blank");}</script><title>HtmlPage</title><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS

//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</script><style></style><!--//confidential_id=focus_xmlelement
<rootxmlnode focoption="_FOC_NULL" nextelementuniquenumber="2"><html_elements><html_body thumbnailscale="4" use_appl_css="no" maptype="0" autofitchildren="no" mobiledocument="no" edaconnectionrequired="false" ibiapp_app="ibisamp" ibic_server="EDASERVE" isdataserversarea="1"><html_event eventname="load" eventhandlername="window_onload"/></html_body><html_element bindcontrolid="calendar2" elementtype="14" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" defaultselection="1"/><html_element bindcontrolid="edit1" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" defaultselection="1"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/default_theme.css" type="cssfile"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/ibi.css" bindcontrolid="IBI_THEME_CSS" desc="Information Builders" type="cssfile"/></html_elements><variables></variables><input_controls><input_control bindcontrolid="calendar2" elementtype="14" name="calendar2" multiple="0"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_1"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="0" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="0" calendardata="xml_test.fex" calendardatatype="2" ibiformat="MDYY" sourcetype="typeMaster" calendar_ibiapp_app="ibisamp" selectedvalue="!IBI.AMP.DATE;"><static_values><static value="!IBI.AMP.DATE;" display="!IBI.AMP.DATE;" selected="1" noinput="0"></static></static_values></data_info></condition></link></input_control><input_control bindcontrolid="edit1" elementtype="7" name="edit1" multiple="0"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_2"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="0" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster"><static_values><static value="!IBI.AMP.STCD;" display="!IBI.AMP.STCD;" selected="1" noinput="0"></static></static_values></data_info></condition></link></input_control></input_controls><requests></requests><other_bound_objects></other_bound_objects><tasks><task id="load" trigger="load"/></tasks><animations></animations></rootxmlnode>
--><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=updateHeadElements
if(typeof updateHeadElements === 'function'){updateHeadElements();}</script></head><body class="IBI_PageBg"><input tabindex="1" id="calendar2" style="left: 50px; top: 60px; width: 160px; position: absolute; z-index: 1;" name="calendar2"><input tabindex="2" class="IBI_ReportControlTarget  IBI_rounded_s" id="edit1" style="left: 50px; top: 20px; width: 110px; position: absolute; z-index: 2;" type="text" name="edit1"></body><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_loader
if(typeof doBeforeLoad === 'function'){doBeforeLoad();}function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</script></html>
<!-- cc kkvv -->

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)

Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not sure of what you're meaning by "My picklist is supposed to be the min/max date values for the selected store code".
Are your trying to limit the calendar control to these Min/Max date ? If it's the case I'm not sure that it's possible to way you make it since xml_test.fex should be executed "BEFORE" xml_test.htm load the calendar control, which is not the case now, I think.

Pay attention at the fact that I change your variable name "DATE" to "DTE" and then pass "DTE2" to the HTML (xml_test.htm). I don't like to use a variable name that may be the same as a Key Word.
Also use the IBFS full path.

I don't think that I have resolved any issue since it's not clear for me what you are attempting.

-* xml_rpt.fex

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

TABLE FILE GGSALES
PRINT PCD
      STCD
      DATE/MDYY AS 'DTE'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DATE, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=/WFC/Repository/theFolder/xml_lnch.fex(DTE=DATE STCD=STCD), $
END

-* xml_lnch.fex

-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-SET &DTE2=EDIT(&DTE,'99')|'/'|EDIT(&DTE,'$$99')|'/'|EDIT(&DTE,'$$$$9999');

-TYPE &DTE, &DTE2

-HTMLFORM IBFS:/WFC/Repository/theFolder/xml_test.htm

-* xml_test.htm
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"><meta name="mycharsetmeta" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><meta name="Generation" content="Created in release 8008, Generation 4"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0"><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var szHtmlAlias="/ibi_apps/ibi_html";var is_mobile="false";var szRunTimeHtmlAlias="runTimeHtmlAlias";var cgipath="cgipath";var ib_composer="ib_composer";var map="ib_composer_map";var grid="ib_composer_grid";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ib_composer);var nlsScript="/javaassist/nls.js";var glbScript="/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js";var replacePart="<replace>";
var scriptTemplate='<script src="'+replacePart+'" type="text/javascript"><\/script>';if(typeof(szRunTimeHtmlAlias) === 'string' && szRunTimeHtmlAlias.indexOf('/') == 0)szHtmlAlias=szRunTimeHtmlAlias;document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + nlsScript));document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + glbScript));</script><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias '/ibi_apps/ibi_html'  is not valid.");window.location("about:blank");}</script><title>HtmlPage</title><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS

//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</script><style></style><!--//confidential_id=focus_xmlelement
<rootxmlnode focoption="_FOC_NULL" nextelementuniquenumber="2"><html_elements><html_body thumbnailscale="4" use_appl_css="no" maptype="0" autofitchildren="no" mobiledocument="no" edaconnectionrequired="false" ibiapp_app="ibisamp" ibic_server="EDASERVE" isdataserversarea="1"><html_event eventname="load" eventhandlername="window_onload"/></html_body><html_element bindcontrolid="calendar2" elementtype="14" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" defaultselection="1"/><html_element bindcontrolid="edit1" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" defaultselection="1"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/default_theme.css" type="cssfile"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/ibi.css" bindcontrolid="IBI_THEME_CSS" desc="Information Builders" type="cssfile"/></html_elements><variables></variables><input_controls><input_control bindcontrolid="calendar2" elementtype="14" name="calendar2" multiple="0"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_1"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="0" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="0" calendardata="xml_test.fex" calendardatatype="2" ibiformat="MDYY" sourcetype="typeMaster" calendar_ibiapp_app="ibisamp" selectedvalue="!IBI.AMP.DTE2;"><static_values><static value="!IBI.AMP.DTE2;" display="!IBI.AMP.DTE2;" selected="1" noinput="0"></static></static_values></data_info></condition></link></input_control><input_control bindcontrolid="edit1" elementtype="7" name="edit1" multiple="0"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_2"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="0" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster"><static_values><static value="!IBI.AMP.STCD;" display="!IBI.AMP.STCD;" selected="1" noinput="0"></static></static_values></data_info></condition></link></input_control></input_controls><requests></requests><other_bound_objects></other_bound_objects><tasks><task id="load" trigger="load"/></tasks><animations></animations></rootxmlnode>
--><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=updateHeadElements
if(typeof updateHeadElements === 'function'){updateHeadElements();}</script></head><body class="IBI_PageBg"><input tabindex="1" id="calendar2" style="left: 50px; top: 60px; width: 160px; position: absolute; z-index: 1;" name="calendar2"><input tabindex="2" class="IBI_ReportControlTarget  IBI_rounded_s" id="edit1" style="left: 50px; top: 20px; width: 110px; position: absolute; z-index: 2;" type="text" name="edit1"></body><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_loader
if(typeof doBeforeLoad === 'function'){doBeforeLoad();}function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</script></html>
<!-- cc kkvv -->

-* xml_test.fex

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM MIN.DATE/MDYY AS 'MINDTE'
    MAX.DATE/MDYY AS 'MAXDTE'
WHERE STCD EQ '&STCD'
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I'm trying to do; run the min/max dates (order dates?) for the selected store code. In the "settings" tab of the HTML page, under "Popup Calendar Settings", I have chosen to run "Dynamic". Below that it says "Calendar will be populated with a date range dynamically at runtime.", then it shows by xml_test.fex selected. I'd love to post a pic but my company doesn't allow access to my photo sharing sites Smiler

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)

Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post