Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WebFocus Creating a URL Link with chinese , german characters - multicode
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
WebFocus Creating a URL Link with chinese , german characters - multicode
 Login/Join
 
Member
posted
Hi, we have customer requirement with crystal reports - .rpt files - but when publishing using webfocus Creating a URL Link - report name with chinese / german characters the link name getting updated with garbage characters instead of whatever we sent.

1) we are using below webfocus configuration - below from install.cfg file, oracle database

INSTOPT_Product=WebFOCUS
INSTOPT_Version=8.2
INSTOPT_Service_Pack=01

2) in nlscfg.err we have below contents

LANG = AMENGLISH
CODE_PAGE = 65001
DATEOUTPUT = DEFAULT
COLLATION = CODEPAGE


3) request -
here report name is 2.3CR_Desktop_Report_-耳_虫.url, and description is 2._3bCR Desktop Report -耳 虫

http://W2016:9080/ibi_apps/rs/...on=put&IBIRS_object=
aHR0cDovL3d3dy55YWhvby5jb20=





when we call above webservice it is going to insert data into QV tables.
wf_reposobj table under OBJNAME column is storing with special characters
Ex - durchgeführte_Validierungeäöün.url & CR_Desktop_Report_-耳_虫.url

but wf_nlsobj table under OBJDESC column is having garbage character - this will be shown in Analytics UI - this is the issue for customer as of now.
Ex – durchgeführte_Validierungeäöün & CR Desktop Report -è³ è™«

Looks like this issue might be with webfocus - because while inserting into wf_reposobj table they are encoding and inserting properly but while inserting into wf_nlsobj table it is inserting garbage characters. if we update with special characters in wf_nlsobj table - on UI its showing fine.

Could someone shed some light on this - as this is ongoing issue from past few months. customer is escalating on this.
 
Posts: 4 | Registered: February 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Sateesch

First of all welcome to Focal Point, I think you will find it a great place to get answers to your development questions.

What database is the WebFOCUS repository using. You should check the collation settings on there as well. Also double check that your WF reporting server NLS setting match the 65000 of the WF Client.


Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
 
Posts: 1759 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for immediate response. for WebFOCUS repository we are using oralce database.

we checked collation settings in database, NLS settings in webfocus server & webfocus client - everywhere it is 65001 - Unicode(UTF-8).

But my question is how wf_reposobj table is saving whatever we sent including chinese/german characters but other table wf_nlsobj table is saving with garbled characters for chinese/german letters.

could you please create urls with below examples and let me know how they are saving in database. please remove if name has any spaces.

2.3CR_Desktop_Report_-耳_虫.url
durchgeführte_Validierungeäöün.rpt
CCИзмененияпопродуктам.rpt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sateeshc,
 
Posts: 4 | Registered: February 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sateesh

I am not set up with Oracle. I think you need to report this to techsupport as it appears you have all your setting correct but something is causing the garbage in that table.


Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
 
Posts: 1759 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. Could you please check if you have mssql / sql set up - is it possible to create URL's with chinese/german characters?. if the database contains those 2 tables - could you please check the contents.

Thank You
 
Posts: 4 | Registered: February 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sateesh

I'm sorry but I am using SQL Server 2012 and it doesn't list any UTF8 collation sequences for me to set up the repository database with. Maybe someone else has a more recent version of SQL Server. I still think you need to report this to techsupport.


Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
 
Posts: 1759 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
ok thank you..we will check with IB Techsupport and update you if we got any findings.
 
Posts: 4 | Registered: February 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WebFocus Creating a URL Link with chinese , german characters - multicode

Copyright © 1996-2018 Information Builders, leaders in enterprise business intelligence.