Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Barometer and Speedometer Charts in Webfocus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Barometer and Speedometer Charts in Webfocus
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi , I have to implement barometer and speedometer types of charts in webfocus. If anyone knows whether it can be done using webfocus please please let me know at the earliest. Also if you have any other suggestions ,please post them too. I am in a bad situation to implement them in Webfocus reports.

WF8103 -UNIX,HTML,EXCEL,PDF.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Check out the Graph manual for the platform and version that you are using on the IBI main site - here - or check out the technical documentation library link above (top right).

Within this document there is a display of graph types that you can achieve using WebFOCUS.

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the reply Tony. But I could not able to find a solution for barometer and speedometer charts. As far as I read the documentation, I can find only basic bar,line,3D bar and line graphs types. But I wanted to implement certain charts which has two quadrants - four quadrants, speedometer charts. Upon search I found one of your post on CHART DIRECTOR. I have gone through Chart Director site as well and I found that all the types are available in that. I would like to know how can we include the CD charts in to our webfocus reports and how do we create reports Using CD. It will of timely help if you can throw more light on this. Thanks in Advance

WF 8.0.0.9 Database : oracle

CURRENT:
WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9 /oracle 11 i

Posts: 51 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What is a barometer chart, and what is a multi-quadrant speedometer?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
hi it is not multi quadrant speedometer. What I mean is I need to implement various charts like bubble chart in four quadrant, bar chart having bars shown in negative and positive y axis as well based on the values ( comes to two quadrant of y axis). Create speedometer kind of charts based on the data fetched from the database.

CURRENT:

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, all of the charts you mentioned are available via the chart tool. You'll find the bubble and speedo (called gauge) under the miscellaneous chart category.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
What is that chart tool.Are you referring to graph assistant in webfocus.

CURRENT:

Expert
posted Hide Post
SM,

If you were to obtain CD and wished to use WebFOCUS to produce the output then I am afraid that you are on your own.

The amount of effort I had to put in to get some charts out is not something I would do for free. I am in business after all Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
SM and Poongs

We would like to know what version and platform you are working, so we can help you better.
Update your signature via the profile

The latest WF version 7.6 has many more options.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have updated my profile. Its WebFOCUS 7.6.1
in windows environment. database :Oracle. Can you please send me your reply, if you have any related information of those types of charts.

Thanks,
Srini M

CURRENT:

Master
posted Hide Post
What kind of business-related data could be displayed in such a beastly graph?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony,
I agree to the point you mentioned. Can you please mail me your contact. My mail id srinivasan_munuswamy@satyam.com

Srini M

CURRENT: