Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
dynamic dropdown
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
hi everybody!

i would like to make a webfocus dynamic dropdown list in frontpage. everything works well, but the value to be dynamic is the year. my problem is that i get as many years as there are datasets :-( but i only want one occurance per year...
how can i solve this.. maybe there is a simple and quick solution, but i don�t have an idea about it...
would be great to get some hints from you...

greets from sunny autria!
thnx ernst

Posts: 30 | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not a pro at drop-downs but are you doing a SUM and BY on your YEAR field.....

I'm sure there are other ways but here is a
code example of one of our year drop-downs
TABLE FILE BU01TB06
SUM
COMPUTE YEARVAL/A8 =
IF CD_YEAR EQ '&TRANS' THEN 'SELECTED' ELSE ' ' ; NOPRINT
COMPUTE OPC/A128 =
'';
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
BY CD_YEAR NOPRINT

ON TABLE HOLD AS YEARIS FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webfocuspgm:
[qb] I'm not a pro at drop-downs but are you doing a SUM and BY on your YEAR field.....

I'm sure there are other ways but here is a
code example of one of our year drop-downs
[/qb]
Hi and thanks for your suggestion..
Hmm, sorry i really don�t know how to use ist...

i am working with frontpage and there i create a dynamic dropdown with the field "year"... but as i mentioned before i get hundreds of the same year.. and i only want one per year.. maybe i can manipulate the year in the fex using distinct or smthg like that, but i don�t know how to make this work or which tool to use...

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
hi!

i read about SQL statements in webfocus:
her you can use SELECT DISTINCT .....

is there a possibility to use this for my problem?
i would like to make a dynamic dropdown in frontpage with only one row for each year of my database.

...or are there any other suggestions and ideas?

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
quote:
maybe i can manipulate the year in the fex using distinct or smthg like that
How are you creating the drop down list - can you please show us the fex?

Thanks.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
hi! found a solution myself... just one thing.. i need date format and in the example is alfanumeric.. but if i fix this, it will probably work..

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/ibase/master...ex.htm#codingui7.htm

sorry pietro didn�t see your answer till now..
in my fex there is the missing variable/field. so fex would be useless four you..