Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Redirecting Logoff, Not Taking

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Redirecting Logoff, Not Taking
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
So I edited the bid-config.xml file like I've done half a dozen times before to redirect logoff to my custom login screen.

It's not taking. I'm still getting the old one. What do I need to restart, or clear, or reset in order for the change to occur?

7.7.03 on Win2008

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Try to do your redirection via the dashboard builder interface, something like this:
https://[-yoursite-]/ibi_apps/
. I never had an issue from there.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That kind of blows when I'm managing the same source code on three separate platforms.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
"Blows" or not... This redirection should only be done once, at the creation of the initial dashboard, on the development platform (Assuming the three platforms are Dev, QA, and Prod). Then, when that one dashboard is migrated thru QA and Prod, the redirection will follow (unless you have different redirections for each platform).

I hope that this is encouraging Smiler

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Alright, I got this.

The first thing that became apparent was that my local browser was caching (I want a checkbox on my browser's settings page with the words "Never cache anything ever ever ever ever ever" next to it) and I needed to blow everything away to even view the problem.

Second, I made the change so that it reads like this:

<response-redirect request-context="logoff-success">
  <!--    
    <context-redirect url="&WELCOME;"/>  </context-redirect> 
  -->
  <x-redirect url="/ibi_html/bid-login.htm"/>
</response-redirect>

Third, I had to go into the existing Group Views and reset their redirect (bottom of the View Settings page) to the default value. Once the bid-config.xml file was changed and all the views were reset to the default value I started getting correct results.

I'll be honest -- I don't recall changing the logoff redirect on the views and I'd have zero reason to do so since I didn't have the new login page built until this past week. So it appears (at least to me) that when the group views were created the logoff redirect value was hard-coded into the view and needs to be bumped in order to reflect the change. It's not a big deal but having a bit of documentation would have made me a bit more productive this week.

Closed.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
We redirect, at logoff, to a corporate home page which works out nicly for us...

Happy Coding and ReDirecting...