Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Inserting a report in an IFRAME for an HTML page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Inserting a report in an IFRAME for an HTML page
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm creating an HTML page in App Studio HTML Canvas. I'm using an accordion container, on page 1 of the container I've added an IFRAME. How do I add a report or chart to this IFRAME? I'd like to import an external procedure; where is that option?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Starr,

WebFOCUS 8206
Exl2k

Expert
posted Hide Post
Is there an option if you right-click on the iframe ?

If not, how did you add the iframe.

Normally you would add a report to the page (it adds an iframe) and then choose if it is embedded or called from somewhere else.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
To import an external procedure, go to the "Requests & Data sources" tab/panel, which is usually on the right side of the screen. If it is not there go to the "Utilities" menu choice at the top of App Studio and check the "Requests & Data sources" box.

Click on the downward pointing triangle in the upper left corner and select "External Request --> WebFOCUS Procedure". Browse to your procedure and select it.

Next you will need to go to the "Tasks & Animations" panel and select the "Load" trigger type. Create a new "Requests/Actions" using the downward pointing triangle, then select "Run Request" and choose your external procedure name.

Make the "Target type" a "Frame", and then choose your iframe ID from the drop down box.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
Normally you would add a report to the page (it adds an iframe) and then choose if it is embedded or called from somewhere else.

In App Studio, it's possible to create an empty iframe. It's in the "Components" ribbon at the top of the screen. It's just called "Frame".

And I'm not seeing a right-click shortcut to add a report to a Frame/iframe.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The first item in the componenets ribbon is "Report", this creates an iframe, and you can right-click on it to point to a fex

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
The first item in the componenets ribbon is "Report", this creates an iframe, and you can right-click on it to point to a fex

Yes, that's the way I would do it. Much easier. But you can create the iframe first with no intention of adding a report to it.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks also Waz, I learned an easier way to do this. I was really trying to use a widget and wasn't sure it would work but it did. Thanks for the short cut.

WebFOCUS 8206
Exl2k

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Squatch your instructions were perfect. This is exactly what I was trying to do but the "Requests & Data sources" tab was hidden. Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8206
Exl2k