Focal Point
[Closed] Parallel Processing - Run four fiexs at same time and refresh when complete

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3337089396

July 22, 2020, 11:20 AM
Brandon Andrathy
[Closed] Parallel Processing - Run four fiexs at same time and refresh when complete
Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out a reliable way to run four parallel (concurrent) procedures and then refresh the bi portal once they all run.

These four procedures are stored in foccache and other tiles access the foccache.

I have put all four files in an HTML File and they run. However, the wait for completion animation doesn't always work as one procedure may finish loading before the other does.

Is there an easier way to do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brandon Andrathy,

WebFOCUS 8204
July 28, 2020, 01:38 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Brandon

I am sorry no one was able to give you any suggestions. You may want to open a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
July 28, 2020, 01:58 PM
Satheesh Babu
it is a 2 step process.
1. run the fex and create the focache data.
2. once the process is done launch the portal page.

Create application loader fex to hold the data and create the data.
at the end use

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

Gear Loader

-HTMLFORM END

to get the page designer page url- >
run the page and copy the url and remove the hostname
/ibi_apps/run.bip?BIP_REQUEST_TYPE=BIP_RUN&BIP_folder=IBFS%253A%252FWFC%252FRepository%252FSAFET%252FSites%252FPage&BIP_item=sites&windowHandle=958041&IBI_random=5962.73564425909

create a page with single panel with maximized mode and add the application loader fex .

WebFOCUS 8.2.04
AIX/UNIX/Windows, All Outputs
July 28, 2020, 02:31 PM
Brandon Andrathy
thank you both for your response. I will open a case with tech support

WebFOCUS 8204