Focal Point
Unique identifiers for reports

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3341066191

October 18, 2006, 03:39 PM
sathyanveshi
Unique identifiers for reports
Hi,

I have a need to update an internal audit system with the report names of all the reports that I create. I need to provide a unique id for each report.

I would like to know whether the reports in the Report Library have any unique id assocaited with them. If so, how can I retrieve them. Can I run any report on the Report Library to retrieve the report ids and the report names or alternatively, can I use SQL query on Report Library database?

Your responses are much appreciated...

Cheers,
Mohan
October 20, 2006, 03:26 PM
jmdoyl1
Mohan,

Here are my thoughts from a what is stored in the Library perspective. Take a look at the BOTLIB, BOTCAT and BOTTASK tables. BOTLIB has a REPORTID which is unique (for each version of the report output) and a REPORTGID. You can join the REPORTGID to the REPORTGID in BOTCAT table that will get you the TASKID then you can go get the Fex name out of the BOTTASK table unless the JOBDESC names you are using are unique.

Once you start looking at the various BOT tables you will get a better idea of how the tables relate to each other and how to best write query that really works for you.

Jon

WebFOCUS 7.1.3 Windows Client AIX 5.2 Report Servers