Focal Point
style sheet question; no border on 1 cell

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3341097331

August 09, 2004, 09:15 PM
susannah
style sheet question; no border on 1 cell
any of you style gurus know how to get the grid border off just one column?
August 09, 2004, 09:52 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Susannah,

Have you tried assigning a CSS class to the column in the WebFOCUS style sheet and then in the css style sheet suppressing the border?

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=QUANTITY, CLASS=NOBORDER, $

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,
August 09, 2004, 09:57 PM
susannah
ah! you're just the BEST! not only does that work, it just opens up a whole can of new tricks.
thanks again, pietro!
August 10, 2004, 08:17 AM
Roland
Hi Susannah,

I know, Pietros answer is as helpful as ever ! But if you are on WF523/525 try out the new BORDER attribute in STYLESHEET.
Best way is GRID=OFF and BORDER=option, where one option is OFF.
You can control every report component with this and additionnally every side of a component (TOP, BOTTOM, LEFT, RIGHT). With this you have a much more powerful means as with GRID. You even can control thickness, style and color !
You just have to issue SET HTMLCSS to ON.
Have a look in the manual.

I like this new feature a lot ! Smiler
August 10, 2004, 03:00 PM
susannah
Thanks Roland,
its just that set htmlcss=on destroys every thing in my style sheet, so i avoid it like poison.but your answer is way cool, and thanks alot.
August 12, 2004, 05:40 AM
Roland
Oh Susannah, Wink

You're right with this. I had my problems too. In fact it's sort of switching paradigm. With a report you got to work either with the old way (GRID etc.) or the new one (BORDER etc.).

Actually it took me a couple of days to change some of my reports, until they looked as I wanted them to be. But once done I guess I will stay the new way.
And my users like the new looks that are possible now !