Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Bootstrap Inside webfocus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Bootstrap Inside webfocus
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
I have developed a bootstrap template HTML outside webFOCUS,which i need to bring it into webFOCUS.Do i have to create a similar design in webFOCUS HTML composer and then associate each components to its respective bootstrap class or is there some other way to achieve it.

Please help me out.

Thanks,
SG

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva

Just an idea to try. Create a new procedure under whatever content folder you want and paste your bootstrap code in. When you save it change the extension from .fex to .htm. Should save you the trouble of recreating your htm form.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The HTML composer assigns default classes to all kind of HTML components.

If you add the right bootstrap-code to those classes and include a .css in each HTML ( can be done in the GUI, along with .js includes ) you should be okay.

Big problem is that the HTML generated ( both prompt-pages and output ) doesn't generate the needed tags.

I included bootstrap-datatable in an HTML output.

Turns-out the entire page ( including headers and footers ) is one big table.
Sorting and paging etc. doesn't work.

Only real solution is to default include a .js that adds/deletes and replace tags and classnames to suit bootstrap ( and/or datatable in my example ).

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dave and Chuck.Will try this idea and let you know.

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,
It wont allow me to save a procedure with extension .htm

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva1925

Create a new text document instead of a procedure and then when you save it change the extension from .txt to .htm. It just worked for me..

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
It Says "extension change not permitted".
I am using WF 8201

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva1925

You are right I was using 8.1.05 and 8.2 does not allow you to do that anymore. I'm sorry but I guess my idea will not work with that release.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Chuck.
For implementing Bootstrap inside webfocus I created a HTML component in webFOCUS HTML canvas and i copied the bootstrap code in that component.
Also i imported all the js and css files to the HTML.
While executing the page keeps loading for a long time giving no output.No errors were also shown in the console window of chrome.
Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Sivakumar Gopi

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi ,
I got the bootstrap template working by adding the code to a HTML component in the HTML canvas and adding all the js and css files gave me the output.

working on whether i can edit the components created by bootstrap code.

Thank you
Sivakumar Gopi

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10