Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Excel Template with VB Macro and Freeze Pane

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Excel Template with VB Macro and Freeze Pane
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have an excel template with simple VB macro to do auto filter on the first 3 columns and a freeze pane.

First I tried creating MHT file and using

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE 'exlfil3' SHEETNUMBER 1

I was able to get an output from the template but without the marco or freeze pane. I assume this is because the format of the output is *.xht .

How do I get the output to be *.xls instead which I assume would have the marco and freeze pane?

I created the template in *.xls format and put it on the local http server (http://localhost/approot/baseapp)
If possible how do you code it to write to the xls template?

WF 8105M
- Portal, Dashboard
- Rcaster, Data Migrator
- Windows 2012 Client Server
- Dev/App Studio 8105
- Data: SQL, Oracle, Neteeza,MVS

Expert
posted Hide Post
Lurker,

Within the forum, there are many examples of how templates should used and how they should be created. However -

1. Open excel and add your macros, ensuirng that you have at least two worksheets within your workbook.

2. Click File / Save As and choose "single file web page" as the type - leave the extension as .mht.

Choose a location on your reporting server and in a folder that is included within your APP PATH.

3. In your fex you may or may not have to filedef the template file but the syntax that you give is correct.

WebFOCUS does not create "pukka" Excel files, rather a version of xmlns that is able to be read by MS Excel. If you want it to be MS Excel format then you will have to perform a Save As, specifying the format that you require. As you are performing a PCHOLD the actual format of the file doesn't really matter until you save it, which the User would have to do (or you could prompt them via your macros).

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
... and remember, search functions on the internet are much better than they used to be, you only have to use them.

Use the search link top right or alternatively click this
T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<JG>
posted
1st question, what version of excel are you using?

If it is 2007 then you are out of luck as it only works if the template is created in an earlier release.

.xht works just fine with templates and VB macros providing you take note of the above and the rule
that the template file must have at least 2 worksheets and both must have at least 1 cell containing
something, even a single space.

Report This Post