Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Portal default loading page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Portal default loading page
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi community,

It may seems to be very easy but unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do it.

I have a portal with several pages on it (let say 3 for discussion).
Actually when I open the portal the first page is the one that is shown be default.

Now I have the third one moved as the first one and I want that new first one to be shown by default.
My issue is that the "old" first one (which is now the second one) is always the one displayed by default when I open the portal.

How do I change this without having to delete and insert back all the pages in the new order ?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Martin

Does this happen when you edit the portal or run the portal. When I edit a portal it always opens to the last tab I was working on but at run time it uses the first tab...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

Edit or Run, with the AS studio version that I'm working with (8.2.01M) it always open at the "original" first page.
From my case description above : the second page (instead of the moved page 3 at first position).

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I haven't played around in WF 8.1.05 for a long while so my memory is a little fuzzy. What does App Studio have to do with Portals? I thought you edit portals using the BI Portal Editor. Perhaps I'm out of date and App Studio 8.2.01 is used to build the latest and greatest portals.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sorry Francis, my mistake.
Yes with BI Portal Editor v 8.2.01M

In Focus since 2007

Expert
posted Hide Post
Martin, this probably behaves even worse in ancient v8.1.05.

Have you tried clicking on the Portals link and right-clicking your Portal and selecting Customizations > Remove My Customizations?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In the portal designer, there should be an option in the tabbed properties in the bottom at the top level I think that lets you explicitly declare which page is the default one shown upon launch. If you rearrange the pages, the Fish page is still the Fish page despite the order change. You need to go to that setting and set the Squirrel page as the default. Make sense? Sorry. Can't go get the specifics right now. In a meeting.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
@Francis

Was not a customization issue.

@CoolGuy

You put me on the right path.

The solution is : Layout / Properties / Default Page. Then select the page you want as the default one.

The funniest thing is that when I built the Portal at first step, I have used that property to setup the default page.
Seems that the Portal Editor is still not as natural as it should to find options...

Thanks for your help

In Focus since 2007

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was really bad back when everything was solely breadcrumbs. At least now they've broken it up into tabs. Still could be better. I think this is what we get though until they finish baking their portal designer features into their new WF Designer initiative. Hoping that is far better. Seems to be so far. Just missing things still.

Glad you got it figured out. Smiler

Master
posted Hide Post
When my BIP opens I want it to always open at the first page.

It APPEARS that when it opens, it opens at the last page that user was on.

(Like my children, it looks like the BIP has a long memory for the wrong things. :-))
quote:
The solution is : Layout / Properties / Default Page. Then select the page you want as the default one.

When I follow this trail I do not see any control like 'select default page'.

Can someone assist with helping me find the location, or a workaround if this solution is only available post release 8105M?

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
David,

I haven't dug around for any code-behind in the product since we have had a release w/this feature. I cannot remember which version we were on when it finally appeared. Sorry. Maybe a good thing to submit a case ticket on?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
@David,

Yes, seems only to be available post 8105 since I can't find it in my 8105M version.

You can move the page in the portal designer (which you can't in v82 where it's replaced by the option mentioned above) but I cannot remember if there is a way to avoid the portal to save the last selected page as the default opening page.

In Focus since 2007

Master
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your thoughts CoolGuy and Martin.

Well, this story has a happy ending.

My users were using the portal under the 'BIPViewOnly' rule.

Therefore, upon opening the portal they were seeing as the 'default page', the last page in the portal, which, sadly, was the page I was on, when I last saved the portal.

I reopened the portal, turned to the first (home) page, and saved.

Now my users see the first (home) page when they first open the portal.

I wasn't able to see the exact behavior my users were trying to describe to me, because as someone with 'BIPFullControl' I was seeing the last page I was on at run-time, when I opened the portal in run-time mode.

MattC's post helped me out: http://forums.informationbuild...537022076#3537022076

Sounds like in 82 you can set the default page explicitly rather than implicitly.

Nice way to end the week and start the weekend. :-)