Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Prompt for input
 Login/Join

<Lee Roper>
posted
I need to design a report that will prompt the user to input a Social Security Number. I've been reading about amper variables, and I've tried to create one, but it keeps telling me that it is missing a value for the field. This is what I've written:

TABLE FILE PURGE2
PRINT
SSN AS 'Social Security Number'
YEAR AS 'Year'
PG AS 'Pay Group'
PIN
COMM AS 'Commission'
HIRE_DT AS 'Hire Date'
TERM_DT AS 'Termination Date'
HEADING
"Employment Verification Line - Purge Data File"
WHERE ( SSN EQ '&SSN' );
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL

I just want it to prompt the user, let him/her type in the SSN and then hit submit, and the report pull up the matching record.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
How are you running this? from a launch page that has an input field call SSN, from MRE, from Dev Studio.

<Lee Roper>
posted
Right now I'm running it from Dev Studio, but eventually it will be run from MRE by my users.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you are running 52x or lower, you have to go to the admin console (http://localhost/ibi_html/wfconsole.htm).
Logon as admin (no password).
Look for IBIF_wfdescribe in the general settings and change it's value to XMLRUN.

That should do the trick.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
DHagen, what is the IBIF_wfdescribe the value XMLRUN?

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
-PROMPT &SSN.Enter your ss number.
This is a gentle way to ask for an & variable, if you're going to publish this fex to your users without a fancy launch page.
Otherwise, on the subject of & vars in general...
when we aren't using PROMPT , we generally set default values for each & var in a fex.
-DEFAULT &SSN = '999-99-9999';
-DEFAULT &MYNAME = 'SMITH';
TABLE FILE ..whatever
the fex runs, displaying a primitive launch page with these &vars, allowing us to change them for this execution of the fex.
Does this help you get a handle on & vars?
If you like the PROMPT, then try this...
-PROMPT &MYVAR.(ENGLAND,FRANCE,ITALY).Where did you go on your summer vacation?.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The setting for IBIF_wfdescribe controls whether autoprompting occurs. When it is set to XMLRUN you automatically get prompted for values for your amper vars.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Great Piipster !!!
How can I do to customaize the ibi form of automatic prompt ?
i.e. what and where is the ibi file (if it exist)?
Thanks very much

Posts: 36 | Location: Bologna Italy | Registered: March 11, 2004Report This Post
<Sengott>
posted
Hi I am using WF 7.1.4.
for eg my report contains building, floor, cube and so on..
Even I faced the same problem. but the IBIF_wfdescribe in cgivars.wfs file is already in XMLRUN.Now the error is "Report has been deleted from the server" in the down window and "parameter value required in the right side of the parameter prompt window".
One basic question - > Where we want to create the Procedure and run ? in Data servers – BIWC01 windows server – Applications – CSM – Procedures – buildfloor.fex
or Managed Reporting– Domains – CSM – standard reports – buildfloor.fex.

Report This Post
<Sengott>
posted
Solved

..Thanks
Sengott

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi
I got the Solution of WebFocus Autoprompting Problem through your post.
I just changed the value of parameter IBIF_wfdescribe from XMLRUN to OFF.
Then my reports started generating.Earlier I was unable to generate the reports at my local due to this problem.

Thanks
Mayank Agrawal