Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Known issues with WebFOCUS release listed anywhere on IB Website

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Known issues with WebFOCUS release listed anywhere on IB Website
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi

I'm in the process of upgrading to 7.6.2 and naturally I am encountering problems which I might need to raise with IBI. However I don't want to go through the hassle of doing this if these have been raised and are being fixed already.

Is there anywhere on the IB website that lists these known problems for the a release and in particular the latest release.

I have tried typing in "7.6.2 known issues" in Advanced Search and not got much joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
IBI can probably provide you a list, but if you go back to the Advanced Search page...uncheck everything but Known Problems...and put 76 in the Search...you can find some things.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Prarie

Can also do this in Power Search
(76 or 7.6) and (studio or dev)

Checked IBI case search

but individual sites can only look at their own cases...

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ALWAYS check the Release Notes for known issues. That saves a lot of time.

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
RichH you're right http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf...information.html#762

Gold member
posted Hide Post
We've been chasing "the bleeding edge" of each WebFOCUS release since 5.3.2 at our campus, and have finally settled into 7.6.2 for our production and test environments (with no plans to go for any more "major" upgrades for quite a while).

With that said, we have ALWAYS encountered upgrade issues, and I have diligently searched Focal Point, Known Problems on advanced searched, etc.

The problem with the Known Problems is that it only show for cases that have been submitted and in a "Closed" or "Submitted to Product Division" state. That's fine for many cases, but (for example), we have 6 cases open, all in an "IBI Researching" state and some are dated back to 2006.

It would be sure nice to be able to see these show up on the Known Problems, as I often wonder if there other tangentally-related instances out there in other customer case-space with some of the challenges we've experienced -- with our adapters, Firefox support, etc.

It would also be nice if "Known Problems" played a more prominent presence on the tech support website. I went for a year not knowing about the existence of the ability to search other closed cases through advanced search. It looks like I'm not alone in being "clueless" about this valuable feature for problem resolution research.

Regards,

-- Dan

University of Nebraska at Omaha
Prod: WF 7.6.2 Linux BID/MRE/DataMigrator Test: WF 7.6.2 Linux BID/MRE/DataMigrator

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The upgrade considerations doc is helpful as well.

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde..._wf/wf_upgrade76.pdf

Depending upon the release you're coming from you may have to pick up more then one. It'll at least give you an idea as to what you should consciously look for.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.6, Windows 2003

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Windows 2003