Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] SET ALL = SQL

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] SET ALL = SQL
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello

in multiple discussions I read about SET ALL = SQL.
I can find information about SET ALL = OFF/ON/PASS but nowhere about SET ALL = SQL.
Has somebody a hint?

Regards
Ron

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.2.04
WebFocus Datamanagement Console 8.1M
DMC

Guru
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of posts, but I didn't get a hit just now with quick search of Technical Content.

http://forums.informationbuild...887047216#6887047216

The above post credits this to Walter Blood and there is no higher Authority, IMHO.

Is there an issue you are trying to solve?

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
To be bluntly honest, if its not in the documentation, you shouldn't trust it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
but nowhere about SET ALL = SQL

By any chance, do you mean the SHORTPATH setting? It has a setting of 'SQL'.:
SET SHORTPATH = {FOCUS|SQL} 

Per my 81 Developing Reporting Applications manual, the settings for ALL are ON, OFF, and PASS.

I list when you might need to SET SHORTPATH in a post on this thread:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9427064436?r=9187064436#9187064436

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron

I have to generally agree with Was here. SET ALL=SQL is not documented in the Command Language Reference all the way up to 8203.

So what happens is, if you decide to use it, and you have any problem in your code and ask for help from techsupport, they can tell you that you are using an undocumented feature and so there is no support for that. That leaves you really on your own.

Better to stick with things that are documented so you can tell IBI you're following the rules and things still don't seem to work right.

In that situation, IBI must pay more attention to your case because you are doing things that are in the docs.

Just be aware that your support options drop off pretty quickly if you're using undocumented commands.

Just my 2 cents having been a TSR.

Toby

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to generally agree with Was here.

and Toby...

For example: FPRINT is a great function to convert numeric data with decimals, not documented and I'm having issues with it 8202. Had to add that to the upgrade plan.

One other thing, I see this when there is an error with SQL Passthrough;

END
-RUN
ALL=SQL IS IGNORED, SUPERSEDED BY SHORTPATH=SQL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Garland,

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thnx for all the input guys.
I was just curious, because I couldn't find it anywhere. Now I know it is an undocumented feature. Maybe better not use it.

Case closed

Regards
Ron

WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.2.04
WebFocus Datamanagement Console 8.1M
DMC