Focal Point
[CLOSED] Text Search Utility

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/33710528

April 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
Rick Man
[CLOSED] Text Search Utility
I see some discussion on using various text string search programs. I've used findstr_cmd. But what I'm looking for is one that will display the full report name, like 'New Procedure9' not just the internal name, like 'c1g99rp8'. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF
April 15, 2009, 02:14 PM
Francis Mariani
I take it you're searching for MRE programs?

Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\mrrepos.htm contains a list of domains: domain names and domain internal names.

The "full report name" is stored in an html page that is used to build the MRE view for a particular domain:

Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\domainInternalName\domainInternalName.htm

You could open this file in a text editor and find your program - just don't modify any of the html files!

You may also want to read up on this discussion: how to list reports in a dashboard block

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 16, 2009, 04:33 AM
nubi
i use

agent ransack

to search for strings within html or fex files, may be worth a try

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor
April 24, 2009, 04:16 PM
Rick Man
I tried the Agent Ransack and it gives more than the DOS search:

X:\basedir\academic\app\sg0029rb_ucel_student_data.fex,26 KB,7/23/2008 9:58:25 AM
X:\basedir\academic\app\zmbqvba2.fex,9 KB,10/13/2008 3:29:05 PM

vs. DOS:

academic\app\sg0029rb_ucel_student_data.fex
academic\app\zmbqvba2.fex

plus the line it finds the data on, and the searched for data is highlighted. However, 'a line' ends with a crlf and FOCEXECs don't have many of them, so the output is almost the whole program. So viewing it online is OK but printing it is impossible.

BUT it does give the date and time so that makes it a little easier to find the program.

Francis' listing program appears to be just that; i.e. no seaching tied to it. But it would give you the Full Report Name.

Thanks

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF