Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Create one focexec or many to display multiple reports on one page?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Create one focexec or many to display multiple reports on one page?
 Login/Join

<JOMC26>
posted
I have to create a report which has a filter frame and a main frame. The main frame will consist of 4 reports and 2 graphs. I am not sure what way is best i.e. to create 4 seperate reports and 2 graphs in seperate fexs and store these in hold files and then display all of them on the main html page in the correct position or to create one large focexec and try to do the positioning in it - no idea how to do this? Also, I am thinking of the possibility of saving to PDF for printing as is this only possible if I create everything in one focexec? Any ideas anyone? thanks.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
(NOTE: keep inmind that the [ character needs to be replaced by a left caret, ok? this board just can't handle them]
TABLE FILE THING
..do stuff
ON TABLE HOLD AS MYTAB1 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
TABLE FILE THING
..do more stuff
ON TABLE HOLD AS MYTAB2 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
GRAPH FILE THING
..graph stuff
ON TABLE HOLD AS MYTAB3 FORMAT {i forget what format you hold a graph...you can look that up easy enuf..might be HTMTABLE as well}
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
[HTML>
[!--WEBFOCUS TABLE MYTAB1 -->
[!-- WEBFOCUS TABLE MYTAB2 -->
etc
[/HTML>
-HTMLFORM END
... thats the idea
...now, in your htmlform you can do this sort of stuff:
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
[HTML>
[BODY>
[TABLE>
[TR>[TD>[!--WEBFOCUS TABLE MYTAB1 -->
[TD>[!--WEBFOCUS TABLE MYTAB2 -->
[/TR>
[/TABLE>
[/BODY>
[/HTML>
-HTMLFORM END
...get the idea??
I'm giving a talk at summit on how to do this with inline frames and with server side includes.
come!

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<JOMC26>
posted
Thanks, that's the way I can see it working but then the other thing I am working through is the display within the reports. These reports have an output like

row Name1 row Name2 row Name3
Col Name1 calc1 calc2 calc3
Col Name2 calc4 calc5 ...
Col Name3 ... ... ...

where all these col,row names are hardcoded (not coming from db) and each of the calc are mostly separate calculations i.e. it's not the same by row or column.

I have been looking at different ways to do this using OVER and stuff it looks good in HTML but messy in PDF but is probably the best opition? Another way I have seen this done is creating the html all in DEFINE FILE and then displaying it in the header of a TABLE FILE - strange way to do it? this way just shows unreadable stuff in PDF.

Report This Post