Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed] Is it possible to execute a Managed Report procedure from Maintain Form

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] Is it possible to execute a Managed Report procedure from Maintain Form
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello,

I am using WebFOCUS 7.7.03. I have reports that have been created or imported into the Managed Reporting Environment. Some of these reports may need to be executed from froms in a Maintain application or from the Managed Reporting Environment. I have tried searching for this, but am only finding examples calling a Maintain proc from the Managed Reporting environment. Is there a way to execute/call/drill down to a Managed Reporting procedure from a Maintain Form?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deana,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Check out this thread. It should give you enough to run an MR report.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
To kick off a report from a form, and still be able to return to the Maintain form, I either create a URL from a weblink or enter this code into a JavaScript Trigger. If you give the command the complete path to the report, you can also pass in as many parameters as you want.

The window.open command launches a new window in which to display the report so you don't lose connection to your Maintain application.

url="http://issvmappsaeip.ibi.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=reviewrpt2&IBIC_server=EIPRV&IBIAPP_app=Personnel& YR="+tyear+"&ID="+ MatchVal+ "&VAR2=" + pcode+ "&ts=" + ts;

window.open(url);

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I apologize for the delay in responding to this post. I got pulled off on other projects. The solution provided by Mark works with one concern. I need to be able to limit who runs the reports and tried passing the credentials. It became part of the url and thus is visible to the users. Is it possible to pass the MRE credentials without them being (visible) in the URL?

Thank you,
Deana

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deana:
I apologize for the delay in responding to this post. I got pulled off on other projects. The solution provided by Mark works with one concern. I need to be able to limit who runs the reports and tried passing the credentials. It became part of the url and thus is visible to the users. Is it possible to pass the MRE credentials without them being (visible) in the URL?

Thank you,
Deana

If you can find an answer to this I would love to know how. We have been trying to mask the URL stream for awhile now with no luck.

WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.02
Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
After opening a case, at this time there is no way to mask the url so the credentials are going to be visible to the user. I have decided not to execute any Managed Reporting procedures from the Maintain app.

excel, html, pdf

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
window.open(url);
quote:
no way to mask the url so the credentials are going to be visible to the user.

When we create a subwindow, we set the location attribute to 'no' so that the current URL isn't visble to the user. Something like: window.open(url, "NewWindow, "location=no") Even with this, there are other ways for the user to ascertain the URL, but if the requirement is to not display the URL, you might want to try this attribute setting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
David,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try setting location = "no". I can prevent the URL from displaying, but the string that gets passed, including the credentials still appears in the Title Bar. In researching the location setting, I did find that newer versions of various browsers have disabled the ability to set location = no.
I also tried resetting the text in the title bar. Not surprisingly, the report does not execute at all.

Thank you again for the suggestion. I appreciate your assistance.

Deana

excel, html, pdf