Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] MRE Dashboard User **cannot** see certain assigned domains.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] MRE Dashboard User **cannot** see certain assigned domains.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have a really odd situation, maybe I'm missing something easy. I have a end user new to our environment. This user is a supervisor, which in our world, givers her access to a different set of reports than the line employees have.

The 2 main domains that constitute this access refuse to show up in her domain list (folder like structure on the left side of our MRE dashboard). I have toggled her access adding and deleting this a couple times. Other domains seem to show up fine. I have deleted/recreated her with no effect. Other users set up this way are working fine.

Any ideas?

- ABT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ABT,

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I am assuming these Domains have groups assigned to them and this user is assigned to these groups right?

Your using a realm driver, so your users are stored in a table correct? I would check your username and userid to ensure they are the same case.

I use Trusted Authentication and a Realm driver (SQL db) and if a user has a different case the mentioned above they can not see the new groups.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
Matt,
Thanks for the reply. This is the only user this is affecting and only 2 domains. I did the following yesterday after posting:

• Deleted Ruth (problem supervisor).
  • Cloned known good supervisor (Michael) to create base record for Ruth, making changes as appropriate (name, email, deleted password fields (AD authentication)).
  • Assigned domains persisted.
  • Ruth tested. All domains appear except the 2 problem ones (normal test results for her).
  • Cloned Ruth to new employee, Richard. Made similar changes (as described above) to build Richard's record out.
  • Tested with Richard, he sees all directories (including the problem 2).
  • Deleted Ruth's record and cloned Richard's to create a new one (again, making the changes above).
  • Ruth logs in and still does not see the problem 2 domains.

When Ruth's access is added to the 2 "problem domains", the domain's user list reflects her as a user (via the group). This is not a new group or domain, but it is a new user. No other user seems to have access issues to these 2 domains.

The user.htm file seems to be normal and as expected.

Ruth has logged into a second computer with the same issue, I have logged into hers with no issue -- the problem follows her ID.

Could this be an Active Directory or folder (domain) permissions issue?

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Guru
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, Is she accessing BID to see her domains or just logging into Managed Reporting Applet? There seems to be a disconnect between the 2. Try logging into the Applet, then BID. I know I have this issues, but mine is related to tthe wf_MR_USERS table, there are 2 columns where the UserID is stored and they need to be in the same case.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
Matt,
We're not using the table method to store any MRE info, we're using "the other" method (not sure the correct term for it).

I will see what she gets when logging into MRE applet interface.

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

If you are useing internal authentication you may want to look at the user.html file and compare her access with one of the "good" ids.

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback, already did this. See my second post. Any other ideas or things to check?

- ABT

quote:
Originally posted by CLH:
Hi,

If you are useing internal authentication you may want to look at the user.html file and compare her access with one of the "good" ids.

Crystal

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

posted Hide Post
Hi ABT,
Just a quick thought that I guess you have already double checked, but I have "forgotten" it a couple of times...
There is a checkbox on the domains properties that says "Do not show on User's list". This needs to be unchecked in order the domain to be displayed on the BID domain tree.

Posts: 8 | Location: Spain | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could this be an Active Directory or folder (domain) permissions issue?

With the results you describe for the testing you did (setting up this MR user as clone of another, and conversely) that sounds like the leading suspect.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAlbarrán:
Hi ABT,
Just a quick thought that I guess you have already double checked, but I have "forgotten" it a couple of times...
There is a checkbox on the domains properties that says "Do not show on User's list". This needs to be unchecked in order the domain to be displayed on the BID domain tree.

Thanks for the feedback. All users see the domain except one. I've verified that the domain is set to show in the users list. Thanks! ;-)

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Gold member
posted Hide Post
How is she accessing the domains? Via dashboard or is she logging in using MRE login page?
Sometimes, deleting the work directory from tomcat helps.
You might want to try deleting work directory and see what happens.
Also, if you have multiple environments, try to create her in another environment where she does not exist and see if she still have the same problem.

7.7.01,windows2008 R2