Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     End of Report Breakout of Grand Total

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
End of Report Breakout of Grand Total
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am trying to get subtotals for two classes of ASSETs, BA and OTHER. With the following code I display a final grand total. I�d like to add two lines at the bottom of the report detailing the total BA asset amount and the total OTHER asset amount.

SUM PARVALUE AS 'AMOUNT'
BY GROUPING AS 'COMPANY,GROUP'
BY ASSET AS 'ASSET,TYPE'
BY MATURITY AS 'MAT'
BY ISSUERU AS 'ISSUER'
BY SECOND_DESC AS 'ISSUE'
BY PORT AS 'PORT'
ON GROUPING SUBTOTAL MULTILINES
ON ASSET SUBTOTAL MULTILINES
ON ASSET SKIP-LINE
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT EXL2K

My report must be sorted as the code describes, ie not displaying all BA asset holdings together above all OTHER asset holdings. I can get asset totals that way, but the report must keep the GROUPINGS intact.

Any ideas on what code will give me a breakdown of the grand total by BA and OTHER asset holdings would be appreciated.

Thanks, vickie

Posts: 37 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: December 03, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
What you may be able to do is create 2 compute field 1 for BA and 1 for other and id ASSET is BA then in the BA one say

BAASSET/??? = IF ASSET EQ 'BA' THEN PARVALUE ELSE LAST BAASSET; NOPRINT

OTHERASSET/??? IF ASSET NE 'BA' THEN PARVALUE ELSE LAST OTHERASSET; NOPRINT

THEN

ON TABLE SUBFOOT
" TOTAL BA ASSET = <BAASSET"
" TOTAL OTHER ASSES = <OTHERASSES"

Hope This Helps

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Another option using the car file:

DEFINE FILE CAR
SAL1/D12=IF COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' THEN SALES ELSE 0;
SAL2/D12=IF COUNTRY NE 'ENGLAND' THEN SALES ELSE 0;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES SAL1 NOPRINT SAL2 NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"TOTAL ENGLAND <TOT.SAL1"
"TOTAL OTHERS <TOT.SAL2"
END

COUNTRY SALES
------- -----
ENGLAND 12000
FRANCE 0
ITALY 30200
JAPAN 78030
W GERMANY 88190

TOTAL 208420
TOTAL ENGLAND 12,000
TOTAL OTHERS 196,420

Posts: 115 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I hadn't considered using subfoot. Appreciate your quick responses.

vickie

Posts: 37 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: December 03, 2004Report This Post