Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Auto Amper Param Templates

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Auto Amper Param Templates
 Login/Join

posted
I am tinkering with the Auto Amper Param templates. I have copied the two autoprompt_top template files:
autoprompt_top.xsl and autoprompt_top.css

TO:
autoprompt_top_ABC.xsl and autoprompt_top_ABC.css

I have changed my report to specifically use this template with the following code:
-autoprompt_top_ABC

I have then made changes in the XSL and CSS files (changing font sizes and graphic files). When I run the report, I don't see any changes. When I VIEW SOURCE of the report in IE, I see this: "< !-- Created with $Revision: 1.11 $: of autoprompt_top.xsl-->"

I changed that line in the .XSL file to say "autoprompt_top_ABC.xsl-->" in that comment.
So its like its not seeing my changes or using my *ABC.* files.

So then I changed this line in the report
-autoprompt_top_ABCDEFGH
the *ABCDEFGH.* files don't exist.

When I run the report, it does not work and gives me this error:
"Report has been deleted from the server. You must run the report again if you want this report"
so that tells me that it is trying to retrieve the file I specify in the - statement.
I also set the default value of IBIF_describe_xsl to be autoprompt_top_ABC in the WF Admin Console.

Anythoughts on why I am not seeing my changes I put into the XSL and CSS files?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott W.,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows Server 2003

Posts: 23 | Location: Nashville | Registered: April 10, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
APP PATH? MRE Folders? What release, etc? What do you expect the "-autoprompt_top_ABC" to do? Where did you put that?

Why not just build a Launch Page (HTML Composer)?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Report has been deleted from the server/QUOTE]

This usually means that the agent crashed.

You may have to use tracing to find out what happened.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Developer's Manual > Creating Launch Pages and Publishing Reports > Working With Amper Auto-Prompting

quote:
The option to select different launch page templates can be set in the WebFOCUS Administration Console using the Parameter Prompting selection under Client Settings, where you can set the IBIF_describe_xsl value to one of the launch page templates.

You can also enter the name of the desired launch page template in a FOCEXEC using the following code:

template

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
APP PATH? MRE Folders? What release, etc? What do you expect the "-autoprompt_top_ABC" to do? Where did you put that?

I am doing this to see how flexible these templates are and if it will accomodate our needs, or if we need to move on to launch pages. Things like display company logo .GIF files, make the multi-select input boxes display more than only 4 lines within them, things like that. We are brand new customers and the WF MR Dev manual has a chapter on customizing these templates. Instead of messing with one of the out-of-the-box templates, I thought I'd clone it and play it safe.

Plus the documentation points out the templates affect all the reports, as opposed to having to have a launch page per report. I am not opposed to launch pages, just trying to understand our options.

I put the files where the current template files are, in
\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\

WF 7.6.9

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows Server 2003

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Developer's Manual > Creating Launch Pages and Publishing Reports > Working With Amper Auto-Prompting

quote:
The option to select different launch page templates can be set in the WebFOCUS Administration Console using the Parameter Prompting selection under Client Settings, where you can set the IBIF_describe_xsl value to one of the launch page templates.

You can also enter the name of the desired launch page template in a FOCEXEC using the following code:

template

Yes, this is exactly the documentation that lead me to trying what I am trying.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows Server 2003

Expert
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Have you ensured that you have cleared your local cache (if using I.E.)?

From IE, choose Tools/Internet Options/Delete Files.

I have my cache set to a very low amount and have set options to refresh every visit, but I still have to clear the cache when I am changing js, css, xsl files etc.

As for auto prompting files, I have created a "mimic" that uses most of IB's files (I had to "extract" some of the code elsewhere) but is modular, in as much that for each new variable you just add another section. It allows some other form controls that "normal" amper autoprompting doesn't, such as radio buttons.

I created these as the level of HTML exposure here wasn't that great and it made creating launch pages so much easier for them. They still rely upon amper autoprompting for "run of the mill" stuff, but when they need to take it further my version suffices and the end users see no real difference.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
that makes sense... I see that the others have given some very valuable insight... Go Fo it...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Clearing the cache did not take care of it. Too bad as I was hoping it was only that. I forgot that I have had to do that for other non-WF browser based apps I've changed in the past.

Like I said, I am "tinkering" so I don't want this to take too much time. I have backed up the \ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\ directory so that I can always restore the files I change. I will just make changes to the autoprompt_top CSS and XSL files and see what all I can do with it.

Launch pages are probably going to be the solution for our needs, but if I can make the Autoprompt pages closer to what we need with a minimal amount of effort, I want to know that option is available.

I am a veteran .NET/browser based app developer, but a n00b with HTML Composer. So that is another reason why I want to try working with what I am already familiar with.

Thanks everyone for your input on this one.
Scott Waller.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows Server 2003

Expert
posted Hide Post
To reiterate what Doug said, even though you are more familiar with other tools, in the long run you will be farther ahead with the HTML Composer as you continue to use the product. If you continue down the path you are on, you will have to redo all of it with each new release you upgrade to. You might be better off creating a 'template' page that can be imported into the HTML Composer each time a new launch page is created. This template can have your look and feel or corporate standard as it were.

The HTML Composer is very easy to learn.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post