Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Reading Connection Names Dynamically
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED]Reading Connection Names Dynamically
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Is there a way to read the connections available dynamically from a focexec? I know that the connections are in edasprof.prf. Instead of reading edasprof.prf is there any other way to get the connection names? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8206.10
App Studio 8206

Posts: 150 | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you looking to dynamically change the connexion ?

Maybe this can help: Dynamic Master, see page 519

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2273 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
@MartinY - Thank you for your response. Actually, I am working on an interface that enables user to create master files dynamically. In the interface, I am trying to present available connections to choose and app folders to create master files. Therefore, I want to read the connection names dynamically.

WebFOCUS 8206.10
App Studio 8206

Posts: 150 | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Why not just use profiles and link these profiles to users / groups? Then the user only see's the connections that are authorized.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 414 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post