Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     7.6.4 Does anyone have a rough date, Please.
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
7.6.4 Does anyone have a rough date, Please.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks for your feedback. Our only motive to move to 7.6 was that I thought report assist in the MRE environment was being replaced. But I was incorrect, so I think we will stay on 7.1 for awhile longer!
Thanks
Pam

Posts: 2 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nubi:
Hi All,

Ive downloaded 764 and have been using it all morning. Alas the problems in 762 are still here; namely:

intermittent freezing of Dev Studio even when no action is being undertaken- a simple movement of the cursor across the screen can cause a 5-10 sec freeze.

can take upto 5-10 sec to create a new .fex - ie takes that long for the name as dialogue box to appear.

the explorer windows take a prohibitively long time to load- can take up to 5 seconds.

i don't know if this is studio related but have been getting a server crash on certain reports where i rerun it and it works straight away- i wouldn't like to say this is a bug unless of course others have had this problem since the upgrade to 762/764.

May be worth going back to 761 then?

We have hundreds of machines running 764 at IBI that do not behave as you described. So there is something about your configuration that is causing this. I don't think anyone should have the experience you describe and we need details to fix it. Please open-up a case with customer support. (Note: Does turning off your virus scans make a difference?)

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian,

i hope this is the case but can only test with the machines we have we here.

Has anyone else experienced the problem i have had with 762 and subsequently the 764?

Im unable to turn of virus scans as its a 'locked' machine meaning i have little access over its configuration.

what ill do is wait and see if anyone else has reported the same problem and if not open up a call with yourselves to resolve the issue.

Regards

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am running 762 on an AIX box and have found that Developer Studio is much slower than 533 was when opening our Data Servers application list which has over 500 directories in it.

I was looking forward to 764 fixing that problem. Also I need to have the Advanced Graph Assistant working before I upgrade again.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am so glad that I decided to stick to 7.1.6 Dev Studio Smiler (smug look)

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We had to skip 7.1.x (was up to 714 before we bailed) because auto prompting didn't work with WebSphere 5. Once we made that decision, it took months for IBM to put WAS6 on my dev box. By then, 760 was out. That had problems with Teradata. We went through 761 and ended up with a 762 WF client with 763 reporting servers. Took me months to test stuff.

And for the most part, we are happy with 762 but will move up as soon as we know the new ADA is working as it should on a Unix box.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hmm. we are on 7.1.6 using Websphere 5 and don't seem to experience any problems with autoprompting. That being said, it did take a few months before we could figure out HOW autprompting was working so we could get consistent results.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Stress free upgrades ... now that would be an idea!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Originally quoted by Brian Suter

quote:
We have hundreds of machines running 764 at IBI that do not behave as you described. So there is something about your configuration that is causing this. I don't think anyone should have the experience you describe and we need details to fix it. Please open-up a case with customer support. (Note: Does turning off your virus scans make a difference?)

I am in the same position of nubi in that I cannot disable the anti virus software long enough to test how at all it affecting ds.

Our anti-virus is:

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 patch versions 1,4,5,7,8,9

Is there anyone else out there running this antivirus suite on their developer studio client machines who are experiencing big performance problems?

I know that the virus checker has to scan everything written to the disk including temporary files downloaded from the internet which results in a performance hit.

Interestingly when I turn on the ds trace that runs very, very slowly with a lot of intervention by McAfee seen on the Performance Monitor.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post