Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     7.6.4 Does anyone have a rough date, Please.
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
7.6.4 Does anyone have a rough date, Please.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We are looking to go to 7.6.4 at some point. In particular we are after the fixed version of DS which gets rid of performance problems.

If 7.6.4 is on the distant horizon, can we have a 7.6.3 of ds only?

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry John, but I cannot resist -

Rough date? 2007/2008 Razzer

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I believe 7.6.3 DS is available for download. I have downloaded 7.6.3 DM. You might want to check the downloads page.

WF7.1.4 Prod/Test, MRE, self serve, DM

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Just checked its only the Reporting Server that's available at 7.6.3

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We are waiting on it also...we were told the Nov 15th...but we are thinking closer to the end of the month.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We were told the 15th as well.

WebFOCUS 7.6.11 HF 6 Client Reporting Server/Caster
7.6.11 PDS Server on MVS DB2
1.46R Tandem
7.6.11 IWAY SQL Server 2000
Access

Posts: 40 | Location: OKC | Registered: January 10, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if this is just the server or also Dev Studio?

Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We've tested already on two generations of 7.6.4 DataMigrator with bad results. I do not think it will be soon. Thing that use to work in 7.6.1 (Our current version) does work on 7.6.2 or 7.6.3 or 7.6.4. Getting concerned.

Posts: 16 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: July 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Beta testing by the User Community eh? Isn't that a Microshaft thing?

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is that like Technical Support by the User Community?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
If 7.6.4 has so many issues, then it would be better to fix issues in existing releases.

We have cases that have been waiting MONTHS for fixes that have been rolled into 7.6.4, and we've been patiently waiting as no hotfix in site for 7.6.2.

I too, am getting concerned for the quality control management of the ever-increasing complexity of the product. I don't want to seem "bad attitude" or disgruntled customer flaming the company, but the bugfix contol seems to get more and more problematic with each subsequent (minor) release. Me. I'd sure prefer to see a stabilization release WITH NO NEW FEATURES, JUST BUG FIXES. Or at least patch the existing release and suspend the new releases until stability is reached in the existing release.

Dan
University of Nebraska at Omaha, WF 7.6.2 DataMigrator 7.1.7 Prod /7.6.2 Test

Expert
posted Hide Post
at users group in new york yesterday, no sr management was on hand, nsw, so we couldn't get more than 'end of this month';

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Dan

In my experience IB are no better or worse than the average software vendor with their control and bug fixes.

It just seems the competitive economics of the software industry demands that features are put ahead of stability.

I would suggest that if you want a stable release go for the minor release of 3 and above - ie 7.1.7.

Here's hoping 7.6.4 is that stable one!

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to 7.6.9!

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've spent the past 3 months working through versions 7.6.1 to 7.6.4 and finally decided to roll back to 7.6.0 on the 15th of November, having nothing to show but frustration in my attempts to upgrade our existing processes.
My initial excitement at the easy to use drag and drop functionality has waned substantially and I am now resorting to writing FOCUS code only. At least now I will be assured that an upgrade in future will be relatively painless.
In my opinion the FOCUS language is very powerful and I am quite impressed with the functionality of DM. The graphical user interface is however very unstable, with certain functions working in old versions and not new and vice versa. Version control seems to be non-existent. Obviously the support team has been very supportive, but I have nothing to show to our business for my efforts over the past few months. Why should we be doing basic fault finding on much used functionality like creating delimited extracts? I am losing faith in this product.

Expert
posted Hide Post
m
quote:
At least now I will be assured that an upgrade in future will be relatively painless.
What makes you so sure of that? Wink

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Upgrading where only Focus code is concerned is a lot less painful than when you also have to take gui stuff into account. If you just concern yourself with nothing but the 'notepad side' (or any other text editor of course) of webfocus, then upgrading to a higher webfocus release is usually fairly easy.
However, the things that 'm' complains about could also appear when you're not using the gui at all. But I agree with 'm' thet the gui is somewhat unstable at times.
I would not go as far as stating that I'm losing faith in the product (quite the contrary - it's getting better and better), but I do think IB should pay a bit more attention to their QA cylce.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ouch.
can you please, john and gamp, tone down your signatures from hot colors to cool colors..
the red hurts my eyes...it signals an error in webworld, and its really distracting.
thanks very.
-S.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Chose ff0000 as a color since it only one I knew ...

Expert
posted Hide Post
ah. Smiler bless you.

Master
posted Hide Post
Hey looks like 764's there now!

Congrats to all at IB for being pretty much on target.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Now you just have to persuade GamP to change again from turquoise Frowner

There you go, he did whilst I was typing Smiler

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
ah thanks fellas

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Ive downloaded 764 and have been using it all morning. Alas the problems in 762 are still here; namely:

intermittent freezing of Dev Studio even when no action is being undertaken- a simple movement of the cursor across the screen can cause a 5-10 sec freeze.

can take upto 5-10 sec to create a new .fex - ie takes that long for the name as dialogue box to appear.

the explorer windows take a prohibitively long time to load- can take up to 5 seconds.

i don't know if this is studio related but have been getting a server crash on certain reports where i rerun it and it works straight away- i wouldn't like to say this is a bug unless of course others have had this problem since the upgrade to 762/764.

May be worth going back to 761 then?

Anyone else had GUI issues with 764?

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone loaded 7.6.4 on a 64 bit server? I'm having problems with the distribution server not working and problems appear to be pointing to the version of JAVA that is included with download.

We currently are on version 7.6.1 on our Production server (32 bit machine) and based on what I read in this thread - it sounds like I should stay on that version for awhile?

Posts: 2 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
We currently are on version 7.6.1 on our Production server (32 bit machine) and based on what I read in this thread - it sounds like I should stay on that version for awhile?

... or regress if that is not proving stable (and you have the option).

For my money, I'm sticking with a max of 7.1.6 for the time being until the wrinkles are ironed out! Wink

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
How is your "Current Client: WebFOCUS 7.6.2" doing?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Mostly as per Hammoj1's postings, however, I'm sticking with DS 7.1.6 for the time being owing to the slowness and other reported problems of later releases. A lower DS than the CS/RS is fine, just not the other way around Smiler

And "Client" is the give away. I can advise but they do not have to take it!! However, there was a need to move to 7.6.n for compatability of other components that may have been purchased so 7.6.2 it is!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
So, you're 'avin' fun, then?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Bundles of fun Wink Just not enough hours in the day to enjoy it all Razzer

T

In FOCUS
since 1986