Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Report Caster Schedule transfer ownership

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Report Caster Schedule transfer ownership
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello,

We are trying to transfer ownership of multiple schedules in Report Caster. I tried following the documentation but the "Owner..." option doesn't do anything, nothing happens when I click it. I'm not sure if something wasn't setup correctly or not with our configuration. If there's no way on the front end to do this is there a backend way to make this update? I was able to update the CASTER_USER but that didn't move the schedule under my folder in report caster. Any help/advice would be appreciated. We are on version 8.1.05

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
From the default portal, or another portal that has the Resource tree, set the Administration to Mode Manager.

Then select and right-click on the schedule, navigate to Security and then Owner...

Do you not get a pop-up window where you can change the owner?

Perhaps this is due to some granular security setting that needs to be changed.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We struggled enough with that that we eventually decided to change the ownership directly in the reportcaster database (ours is in MSSQL).

Just make sure that the user that you change those schedules to is indeed a user at the reporting server side and has sufficient privileges to run the schedule(s).

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I think you are correct about some granular security setting needing an update. I changed to Mode Manager, right-clicked on the schedule, navigate to Security and the only option is Effective Policy.

If I right-click the schedule, choose properties, the window pops up and I see the Security button at the bottom, then I click it, and I see the Owner option but nothing happens when I click it.

One last note, when I'm in the Report Caster Explorer the Owner column is blank for all the schedules. The Path is there, but I can figure out where to find the schedules and perhaps manually move them. I rather use the front end though.

Any ideas on more setting changes needed?

Thanks!

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Wep5622, I'm open to changing the ownership on the database but I'm having trouble finding what else I need to update. I did update the CASTER_USER on the BOTSCHED and BOTTASK tables but it didn't move the schedule. My guess is I'm not modifying the correct table???

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Those columns are not part of the WebFOCUS Security layer

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis. Any idea on what tweaks I need to make to get the ownership option working?

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm looking, but it requires a wizard to find this invisible needle in the haystack...

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking. I'm continuing to research, if I find it I'll make sure to post back.

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is what you should see when you select Owner...

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
In Security Center, for my User ID, I right clicked on my User ID and selected Security > Effective Policy (I also checked the Show all Privileges checkbox).

My User ID is in the Administrators group, so I have many Privileges, including "Assign Ownership", "Assign Ownership to Groups", "Assign Ownership to Users".

Perhaps changing the Effective Policy to "Permitted" for those three Privileges in the Administrators group will make this available to the User IDs in the Administrators group.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
You can verify if the Administrators have these privileges by right-clicking on Administrators group and selecting Security > Effective Policy (check the Show all Privileges checkbox when the list of privileges is shown).

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I think you are on to something. I did check and my User ID is in the Administrators group.

I right clicked on the admin group selected Security > Effective Policy. And there is nothing in the Users box or Privileges box. When I click Show all Privileges nothing still appears in both of those boxes.

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
There's something I've completely neglected, "Roles".

Unfortunate, I know nothing more. Let's hope a Security Wizzard checks in soon.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Within Security center right click your administrators group select security and rules for this group. This would show you the group role/rules You can then click on the roles tab within security center and see what permissions that role has. Based on your description it seems your id is in an admin group that has restricted access but the above steps will let you check.

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Crystal. When I pick rules for this group the box appears but everything is blank, I just see the column headers like, Security, Access, Role, Apply to, Set On. Same thing if I select Rules on this resource.

If I pick just rules, then click on Administrator, I see a list of many things down in the Rules for Group - Administrators box. All have a value in the Access column of "Not Set". The only row that doesn't have Not Set is SystemFullControl. The Access column says Inherited =>, the Apply To says Inherited =>, the Inherited Rule column says 'Over Permitted' from 'IBFS:'
So for that list of Rules should I change one or multiple from Not Set to Permitted so Administrators are able to Transfer Ownership of caster schedules? Not sure which on that would be.

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I've tried just about every option I can think of and I still am not able to change the ownership of a users schedule. I did find where I could setup the Roles. I gave the role all the privileges possible. Right clicked on my User account, picked Rules, then picked the new role that has all the privileges necessary and still no ownership option. Logged out multiple times just to make sure. I also made sure the administrators group had this same access and my account is part of the administrators group. Any one have any ideas???

One strange thing I do notice is, If I go into Security Center, right click my user account, then Security, then pick "Rules for this user" I get the popup window but there's no rows there, just the column headers. However if I do the same thing on my account but pick just Rules, then click the Users tab, click my user account, I see in the "Rules for User" box at the bottom that new Role I created and the Access columns says Permitted. Kind of strange.

One last question, when I'm looking at the Security Center and the users list, my user account has the lock icon beside the little person icon, why is this?

Webfocus 8.1.0.5
Windows 2008
Excel,PDF,HTML