Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] InfoWindow Placement

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] InfoWindow Placement
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have an HTML page that when I click the run button it opens an InfoWindow. I am wondering if there is a way to set where this window opens. I am using it on a portal page and need in a specific location. I have tried using the following code but it does not work for me.

document.getElementById( infoWinCtrl.layerID ).style.top = "90px"
document.getElementById( infoWinCtrl.layerID ).style.left = "10px"

I also tried using a variable like the calendar popup but that did not work either.

function image2_ondblclick(ctrl) {
var calendarcontrol = calendar2_calendar;
// open calendar window
calendarcontrol.show();
// move calendar window
document.getElementById( calendarcontrol.layerID ).style.top = "90px"
document.getElementById( calendarcontrol.layerID ).style.left = "10px"

Any help would be great.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

Posts: 76 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: December 28, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Could you supply the code used to open the InfoWindow?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
No need to code anything. When the InfoWindow opens, drag it to where you want and pin it using the icons at the top right of the window.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the code that displays the info window as I have changed the location and width of the box using the HtmlPage Developer Tools, but it is IBI code that I don't want to change.

div class="IBI_InfoWnd" id="infoWinCtrl" style="border-right-width: 5px; width: 400px; display: block; font-family: Arial Unicode MS; border-top-width: 5px; border-bottom-width: 5px; height: 300px; font-size: 10pt; border-left-width: 5px; top: 10px; cursor: e-resize; left: 150px;" ontouchstart="function[e){var event=e?e:window.event;if[event){var targetEvent=event.touches.item[0);if[targetEvent&&object.doSetResizeCursor){object.doSetResizeCursor[targetEvent.clientX,targetEvent.clientY);if[object.isHandleSet[))object.doInfoResizeStart[targetEvent.clientX,targetEvent.clientY);}}}" ontouchmove="function[e){var event=e?e:window.event;var targetEvent=event.touches.item[0);if[object.isResizing[)){object.doInfoResize[targetEvent.clientX,targetEvent.clientY);event.returnValue=false;}}" ontouchend="function[e){object.doInfoDragEnd[);object.doInfoResizeEnd[);}"

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I know that I can pin it. But evertime I open the portal I have to move it and re-pin where I want it. Is there a way to have it always show up where I pin it?

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output

Guru
posted Hide Post
Once pinned, it should display in that pinned location every time it gets displayed.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jasen:
I know that I can pin it. But evertime I open the portal I have to move it and re-pin where I want it. Is there a way to have it always show up where I pin it?

Hello Jasen,

This has worked for me.

//Begin function button1_onclick
function button1_onclick(ctrl) {
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
OnExecute(ctrl);
document.getElementById('infoWinCtrl').style.position = "absolute";
document.getElementById('infoWinCtrl').style.top = "110px";
document.getElementById('infoWinCtrl').style.left = "190px";
}
//End function button1_onclick

But there is a cathch here. when you try to drag it from here then it goes back to its original position first. So I suggest if you are not gonna drag it much then this is perfect code for you.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Tyagi

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs