Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Reading Sharepoint Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Reading Sharepoint Question
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
To all you WebFOCUS gurus..
I need to read a list of entries in Sharepoint. Actually, if I look at the Excel spreadsheet created out of Sharepoint, it is just one column that is labelled "Name". I would use that column to create a drop down combo box.

Is there a specific adapter for Sharepoint? And, if not or if the company does not have it, is there a way in JavaScript to retrieve the information? If someone has some code that is successful in just reading one column, that would be terrific.

Thanks for the help -- I am on 7.7.03 - 7.7.04 on the server

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I've no experience in Sharepoint, but I would have thought that the data would come from a table or stored proc in a DB somewhere.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Waz -- You can export the data to an excel spreadsheet --- but I am trying to read the index entry or even just the first column in the excel spreadsheet --- Using Access you can point to the column and create a drop down box from the data. I have not been able or don't know how to do that in WebFOCUS -- unless there is a specific adapter that allows WebFOCUS to directly read the index.
Thanks
Vivian

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
See if this Helps

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

Sharepoint exposes several webservices which allow to query its objects such as lists, if you have the license, you could use the webfocus webservices adaptor to query sharepoint built in webservices.
You can find the sharepoint wsdl file:

http://yoursharepoint host/_vti_bin/lists.asmx?wsdl

and then create a master file for lists and items,

Yours

Eran

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Prairie and WF --- Prairie I am not certain what I am supposed to see on your Help link --- I got there and not sure what to see - very few of those links were activated.

WF aka Eran -- My mgmt is investigating whether we have the adapter from IBI -- If we do, I will follow that link - thanks!

In the mean time, do you know if you can write SQL against the table in Sharepoint -- I tried to do that, but it did not work --- not sure if the table name needs to be only 8 characters or what....or if this is a pipe dream.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
not certain what I am supposed to see

Well, you'll have to log in first. Once you've done that, you'll be taken to the page where it is explained how to configure Web Service adapter for Sharepoint.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Okay -- thanks - first we have to make certain that we have the adapter here ---

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have been quite vocal around this issue as WSDL URL is very difficult to set up.
Please if you do have success with SharePoint connectivity please post the results in this forum.

Respectfully

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs