Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Dev Studio] Demo has expired

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Dev Studio] Demo has expired
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have at least 2 users who have had Dev Studio installed for many years. We did an upgrade to 7.6.11 using the EXE distributed by IBI and since then, the users get a 'Demo has expired' alert and lockout every 90 days or so. I assume at some point they had a demo installed but not now. What do I need to do to get this from happening? Full uninstall/reinstall? Will that be enough? Can't I just remind DevStudio this is a legit install?

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
There might me something in the Registry or config file you can change. Never saw this issue before. I'd uninstall and clean up Registry of any IBI keys.. Then re-install DevStudio with a valid license key.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I recall someone in our company was complaining about (probably) the same problem. I didn't think much of it then, but perhaps there's some issue with how old licenses are handled under certain conditions.
I advised that person to re-install Dev Studio and use the correct license key and haven't heard of him since. Perhaps the reinstall solved the issue then...

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

We have that happening to random people at our company. These people never had a demo version and in some instances was happening on a clean install (new machine). We have cases opened with IBI and they have a fix available. Contact tech support and they should be able to get that to you.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post