Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Variable number of Decimal Places for groups of rows in one Column

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Variable number of Decimal Places for groups of rows in one Column
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I have a need of formatting groups of Rows (i.e. for some rows the number of decimal places needs to be 2 decimal places eg. 100.22, for some of the rows it needs to be 1 decimal place eg. 100.2 and for some of the rows without decimal place[B], in one column of a Report.

Example:

Some rows that prints [B]Number of Units
need to be without decimal places.

Example:
Production - Units = 100

Some rows that prints Rates for different types of Products needs 1 decimal place .

Example:
Unit Price: 20.1

Some rows that prints the diffrence between two figures needs 2 decimal places .

Example:
Difference: 20.11

I am trying to arrive at a solution without using ompound report technique.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

SRINI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
i5/os
PDF, XL2K, HTML & AHTML

Posts: 2 | Location: India | Registered: March 01, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Srini

how about this

TABLE FILE WHATEVER
PRINT NUMBER/I10
OVER RATES/D7.1
OVER DIFFRENCE/D12.2
END

But if you post an example of your coding based on the CAR it might help.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Srini,
We use this technique on several reports. It took me a minute to find the reference in the manual but it's in both of the Creating Reports manuals under Creating Temporary Fields >> Applying Dynamically Formatted Virtual Fields to Report Columns

DEFINE FILE CAR
MYFORMAT/A8=DECODE COUNTRY('ENGLAND' 'P15.2C' 'JAPAN' 'P15.0' ELSE 'P15.2M');
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES/MYFORMAT BY COUNTRY
END

Hope that helps.
Fletcher

Production/Test: WF 7.1.4, WIN2K3 Server

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Fletcher

That is a solution to display the SAME field based on certain selection to be displayed in a different way.

Srini wanted to report 3 different fields row by row. (that's what he said....)

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Both solutions offer a correct solution dependant on the data source

Franks works based on the data being column oriented

i.e. Sortfield Number_units Rate Difference

Fletchers works based on the data being Row oriented.

i.e. Sortfiled Columntype Columnvalue

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank, Fletcher & JG,

I am sorry for my delayed reply as I was working on another assignment till now and I missed to see your replies for my post.

As I cannot use OVER keyword in this report, I adopted FLETCHER's suggestion and used Dynamically formaatted virtual fields for solving the issue.

Many Thanks to all of you for sparing your time in solving the issue I came across.

Srini

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
i5/os
PDF, XL2K, HTML & AHTML

Posts: 2 | Location: India | Registered: March 01, 2008Report This Post