Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML Composer Parameters not working at run time

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML Composer Parameters not working at run time
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am fairly new to HTML composer but when I import a report (report works fine in report painter) everything seems to work OK. Data is showing in the composer screen, parm box appear, etc

When I run it in composer everything opens as expected, parm boxes are populated but no data is returned to the report.

What am I missing?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03M
OS/400 and the client is Win7

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Did you check how the values are passing into the FEX. For example when no value is entered or selected then how you are treating those null values in your FEX. IF your report is based on SQL then I have noticed issues with _FOC_NULL but FOC_NONE works.

Try using -TYPE command and print all your parameters and see how the values are passed into FEX.

WebFOCUS - ver8201
[ReportingServers: Windows 64bit;
Client: tomcat and IIS on windows 2012
AppStudio

Posts: 104 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have tried entering that -TYPE just about everywhere and it does seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03M

Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to put the amper after -TYPE,i.e., -TYPE &VAR1
It's easier to look at all at once. Put this at the top of the called FOCEXEC:
-? &
-EXIT

This will show you all your global(&&) and local(&) variables and values...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Ok, so that worked perfectly. Thanks!

When I run thru dev studio for my FEX it displays the variables but when I try and run the HTML page it doesnt do anything.

This ia a very simple report that I just imported thru HTML composer and everything looks good in the composer i.e. brings back data and drop down is populated. Once it is ran it does nothing.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03M

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I should say to clarify it does run....the parm boxes are populated but the report is blank

WebFOCUS 7.7.03M

Guru
posted Hide Post
When you say your report is blank, do you mean the actual report window is empty or you are getting the 0 lines message? If it is truly blank, I would check to see if your report is set in HTML composer to display in that report frame. It depends on how you set up your page. If you created a hyperlink in a submit button then you have to tell it where to display it. If you put the report frame on the page and referenced an existing procedure then it should have worked.

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I did the latter. I agree it should work. it is displaying data in the HTML Composer window for previewing but it shows a blank report at run time.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03M

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Do you have "Auto Execute" property in the report frame set to True?

Year(s) of experience in WebFOCUS: 5+. Using WebFOCUS 7.7.03 on Windows platform with Oracle/SQL Server.

Posts: 41 | Registered: September 08, 2008Report This Post