Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] MultiPath Report (Typically PDF reports Organised in Chapters)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] MultiPath Report (Typically PDF reports Organised in Chapters)
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Bonjour,
I read things about SET MULTIPATH (Simple / Compound) and my old friend SET ALL (ON / OFF/ ALL).
But I did not find my point : I want to build Reports that have let's say a Heading on Parent Path and, beneath, sequentialized Chapters, one Chapter per Parallel Path.
Another way to present what I search is 'I want to put two PDF Reports (parallel Path) reporting on the same Entity (Parent path)into a single One. Without melting the lines of the different chapters.
Thanks for help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
After some work, I could find a few solutions. One of these, I’d call Serialisation.
So, we start of two Parallel path –let’s say A and B – under a Common Parent.
Help to MultiPath we can extract a file (Mono Segment) that contains
1) Fields of the Parent
2) Fields of the A Path (Including Data that’ll prove the ‘Missing’ of the nth A son)
3) Fields of the B Path (Including Data that’ll prove the ‘Missing’ of the nth B son)
The idea is to Build a two characters Field let’s say ZON_CHAPTER
1) The 1st character will be ‘A’ if A Data are present and, otherwise, will be ‘ ‘.
2) The 2nd character will be ‘B’ if B Data are present and, otherwise, will be ‘ ‘.
Then to save the created master and add a serialization level that re defines ZON_CHAPTER
SEGNAME=PSEUCHAP,Parent=MONOSEG,Position=ZON_CHAPTER,OCCURS=2,$
FIELD=CHAPTER,ALIAS=CHAPITRE, A001, A001,$
FIELD=INDCHAP,ALIAS=ORDER , I004, I004 ,$
With this (classical) Trick, you allow Focus to ‘access’ twice the same Line (We call it Multiplicative effect)
We Can Reject the meaningless lines with IF CHAPTER EQ ‘A’ OR ‘B’
We need to be clever enough as to Define , at the Chapter level, fields with a Format Common to Path A or B and Which Content is A or B Oriented :
Ex : Common_Lib/A32 = IF CHAPTER EQ ‘A’ THEN LIB_IN_THE_A_PATH
ELSE IF CHAPTER EQ ‘B’ THEN LIB_IN_THE_B_PATH
ELSE ‘STUPID, FILTER ON A OR B, PLEASE’ ;

Of Course, as ever with Focus, there are many other Ways to serialize parallel information.

But, Obviously, I'm no longer (if I ever was) in touch with Focus Community, sniff...

If on my side, I'm such a bad communicant, aren't you too much 'Focus for Nulls' oriented ?
I exclude some great signatures who are witty, tricky and know Focus far better than I.
I really laugh when they come to be brilliant

Cordially, Focusely, and a bit sadly

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post