Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTML Composer
 Login/Join

<AMCKELPH>
posted
I need the best way to bind a checkbox input control with a parameter in the HTML Composer tool that is passed to a focexec report which is called from the HTML page.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
1) Start with a -DEFAULT value and a -TYPE for "that" variable...
2) Open the HTML composer...
3) Add a button to the layout...
4) Create a hyperlink for that button which executes the pre-mentioned fex and assign that variable to a Check Box (control)...
5) Run the HTML...
6) Check that check box...
7) Click that button...
8) See the value for that variable...
9) GOTO step 6 and change the value of that check box, repeat 7-9 till you're satisfied...
10) Enjoy what the GUI just did for you. that is, it bound that check box to that variable...
11) RTFM (Read the Focus Manuals) and find out more. There's a lot more to do then this...

That's what it's all about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
<AMCKELPH>
posted
Thanks Doug....I have really done that. I really do not know if the source of my problem may be something else. I'm getting the message "Unknown error occurred. Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed. Please investigate reporting server log". I get this when I call the report from the HTML page within HTML Composer.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Then it looks like the problem is within your fex.
Edit it and put the following two lines at the top:
-? &
-EXIT
This will give you every defined & variable that is available to your fex and you can check if the correct value has been propagated. Besides that it will show if the problem is indeed within your fex (this is the case when you get the expected list of variables) or somewhere else (if you don't).

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
<AMCKELPH>
posted
Can I see the SET variables as well with this command?

Report This Post