Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Defined field in AS clause?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Defined field in AS clause?
 Login/Join

posted
I want to use a defined field as part of the AS part so I can dynmically add the date to the column heading.
Is it possible to do something like this?

define file car
mydate/yymd = &today;
end

table file car
print car AS '< mydate'

(note: Using this method literally prints < mydate in the column heading)

edit: for html <

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thebrettd,

Dev: WF 5.2.1
Production: WF 5.2.1
Testing: WF 7.1.3

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
IS &today, a value passed to the program?

I've used parameters in my headings such as

CAR AS '&today,name'

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
sometimes it works better if you put a blank space after the &var in a header or col title, lets focus know the &var isn't called &var,
CAR AS '&today '
or
CAR AS '&today , yadayada'

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah sorry, should have been a little more careful with my original post.
I want to extract specific parts of the date like so:

define file car
TODAY/YYMD = &YYMD;
ENDYR/YY = TODAY;
end

table file car
print car AS 'effective through < ENDYR'

Guru
posted Hide Post
Do any date calculations needed for column headings in Dialog Manager, not defines. Then you can use the resulting amper-variable in the column title, as Leah mentioned. You can not use fields in the column-titles. If you want today's date in a different format, ie just the year, you can find a version of the system date that shows it (ie &DATEYY).

PRINT CAR AS 'Effective thru &DATEYY'

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N.Selph:
Do any date calculations needed for column headings in Dialog Manager, not defines. Then you can use the resulting amper-variable in the column title, as Leah mentioned. You can not use fields in the column-titles. If you want today's date in a different format, ie just the year, you can find a version of the system date that shows it (ie &DATEYY).

PRINT CAR AS 'Effective thru &DATEYY'

Ah, ok. That is the feeling I was getting after finagling with it for a while.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can use field names/values in the AS phrase. What you would want here is just Dialogue Manager stuff:

-SET &ENDYR=CHGDAT('YYMD','YY',&YYMD, 'YY');

If you need it to be dependent on data, you could use DEFINEs to group into individual years and use the correctly calculated values from your -SET commands.
YEAR1/D12.2=IF YEAR EQ '&ENDYR1' THEN FIELDNAME ELSE 0;
YEAR2/D12.2=IF YEAR EQ '&ENDYR2' THEN FIELDNAME ELSE 0;

and so on. Then
PRINT
YEAR1 AS '&ENDYR1'
YEAR2 AS '&ENDYR2'

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Darin. You rock.
(had to change your code slightly to get it to run, it was complaining about the last parameter to the function)

-SET &ENDYR=CHGDAT('YYMD','YY',&YYMD, 'A4');
-SET &NOWYR=CHGDAT('YYMD','MT',&YYMD,'A3');

Thats the ticket.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yup - sorry ' bout missing that. DM wouldn't know what a date is, but it does know what alpha is. Rather than use CHGDAT, it would be easier just to set equal to &DATEYY, &DATEMT (1001 WAYS TO GET A DATE OUT OF WEBFOCUS!!)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post