Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Conditional hyperlinking in WF7.1.3

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Conditional hyperlinking in WF7.1.3
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

How can i handle Conditional hyperlinking in WF7.1.3.
I am using Oracle 8i. My table can have zero, non-zero or NULL values in the TOTAL column. But i want to display links only for the non-zero counts. I am using following syntax which is not working and showing links for zero and null values also.
Ex:TYPE=DATA,ACROSSCOLUMN=TOTAL, WHEN=TOTAL NE NULL, FOCEXEC=mgmt_std.fex \

Please suggest.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML

Posts: 281 | Location: India | Registered: April 21, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe I used to create a new computed column:

AllowDrill/A1 = IF Fld EQ 0 THEN 'N' ELSE 'Y'; NOPRINT

and then use

WHEN = AllowDrill EQ 'Y',

for the drill down, which then only puts a link on non-zero values

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
values

Hi Alan,
this solution will put links on all the non-zero values, and null is also a non-zero value.
So after applying this solution, links will not appear on zero values but links will always be there for null values (i.e. blank links which looks like a hiphen(-)).
Any alternative solution please!!!

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried this? I think that as Fld is null then AllowDrill will not be evaluated and therefore not contain 'Y', and will therefore work as a screen.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Alan,
I tried this exactly the same way as mentioned in your earlier mail. But it is creating links on null fields as well.
Also, with this approach i am facing another problem; to use ALLOWDRILL variable i need to put it in BY clause and which is not helping me in getting the exact required report display.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It works for me. I use the AllowDrill in a COMPUTE, with a NOPRINT, not a BY. This is where it has to be for this to work.

SUM Fld
AllowDrill/A1 = IF Fld EQ 0 THEN 'N' ELSE 'Y'; NOPRINT
ACROSS A
BY B

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi shankar

did you try this:-
AllowDrill/A1 = IF Fld GT 0 THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N'; NOPRINT

hope that will hilp

WF 7.7.0.3HF3 / WinXP- WF-Client & Apache / DevStd 7.7.0.3HF3 win XP.

Posts: 118 | Registered: February 08, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan, Qalqili,
u are great!!!
The changes suggested by you are working sweetly for data links, but for subtotal and grantotal links, sometimes it creates links and sometimes it doesnt.
Any specific reason as to why this could happen.
Apart from this, I've one more question, how can I suppress a particular column if all the values in that column are zero.

Regards,
Shankar

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
On the subtotal and grandtotal rows use a drill down with

TYPE=SUBTOTAL,
ACROSSCOLUMN=Fld,
FOCEXEC=MYFEX,
WHEN=Fld GT 0,

Null (missing) numeric data will be 0 for SUBTOTAL AND GRANDTOTAL values.

Suppressing a column was discussed a short time ago, can't remember the outcome, try a FIND.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan,
Its working perfectly fine.
Thanx a ton!!!

I'll find out the solution for
suppressing the columns.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Shankar

try this for supress field:-

TABLE FILE [table]
PRINT fld0
WHERE fld0 NE 0;
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
-IF &RECORDS EQ 0 THEN GOTO PROC1 ELSE PROC2;
-RUN

-PROC1
TABLE FILE [table]
PRINT fld1 fld2 fld3
-* where this procedure contains all field
-* except the Zero one
END
-EXIT
-PROC2
TABLE FILE [table]
PRINT fld0 fld1 fld2 fld3
-* Where this procedure contains all field
-* also the fld0 that contains Zero values and
-* The others values
END
-EXIT

hope that will help

WF 7.7.0.3HF3 / WinXP- WF-Client & Apache / DevStd 7.7.0.3HF3 win XP.

Posts: 118 | Registered: February 08, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Qalqili,
This approcch doesnt help me as i dont know that how many columns can have all zero values.
The approach suggested by you assumes that there are already some known no. of columns which can have all zero or null values.
Any alternate solution!!!

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't something like this work?

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES 
COMPUTE DD_FLAG/I1 = IF SALES EQ 0 OR SALES IS MISSING THEN 0 ELSE 1; 
BY COUNTRY SUBTOTAL
BY CAR

ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER,
FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=SALES, FOCEXEC=CARTEST1 ( COUNTRY=COUNTRY CAR=CAR), WHEN= DD_FLAG GT 0, $
TYPE=SUBTOTAL, COLUMN=SALES, FOCEXEC=CARTEST1 ( COUNTRY=COUNTRY), WHEN= DD_FLAG GT 0, $
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post