Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     PAGE-NUM TOP and SET LINES/SET PAPER

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PAGE-NUM TOP and SET LINES/SET PAPER
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
As most of you know that ‘ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM TOP’ is used to turn off page numbering and to remove any extra lines generated above the column titles in HTML reports. Also, we can set the number of lines per page (display and print) using ‘SET LINES =9999’ and ‘SET PAPER=9999’ in HTML reports.
I have a report where I need to use both of these features. Unfortunately, ‘ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM TOP’ and SET LINES =9999’ or ‘SET PAPER=9999’ don’t work together. I still get extra lines above the column title in my report. I have been searching this forum but have not found a solution yet. Is there any work around? I would appreciate the help.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Posts: 35 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: May 11, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Don't have the exact syntax in front of me, but have you tried
SET PAGE = NOLEAD

I think that is what is set to nolead anyway.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leah:
SET PAGE = NOLEAD

Thanks. I tried your suggestion but it did not fix the problem. I still get extra lines above column title. According to the documentation NOPAGE or NOLEAD suppresses page breaks, causing the report to be printed as a continuous logical page. When PAGE is set to NOPAGE or NOLEAD, the LINES parameter controls where column headings are printed. Perhaps that is the reason it did not fix my problem.

I think a little background of the problem, on hand, might help you guys come up with a suggestion/solution. I am using this report for web query. I use ‘ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM TOP’ to remove any extra lines above title so that when data is imported to Excel it does not have blank rows on top of page.

HTML reports, longer than one page, have titles printed on top of every page. When data is imported, it also imports and displays those titles which are unnecessary, in Excel, and redundant. I use ‘SET LINES =9999’ and ‘SET PAPER=9999’ to remove titles on top of every html page and to get a continuous data. That’s where I am having trouble because these two features don’t work together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ok_dhs,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Expert
posted Hide Post
Ok, if I understand you, you output to HTML and make use of the context menu in IE to "export table to Excel"?

If this is the situation then how about adding a "drilldown" link within the header to "Export to Excel" whereby you re-execute the report but to output format EXL2K?

I know this is has the additional overhead of rerunning the report, but if it's fairly quick then the end user probably won't care?

If none of my assumptions are correct then please advise how you are getting the data from the HTML page into Excel? Surely not cut and paste? Confused

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I use Import external data option in Excel (Data-> import external data-> New web query) once I output to HTML. Please refer to page 9-70 of 'Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language Version 7 Release 1.3' for reference and details about the technique. It’s titled as 'Embedding a WebFOCUS Report in an Excel 2000 Spreadsheet'. Thanks for your help.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I am on the same version as you are. I also import into excel as a WebQuery. The following is results in a continous table with only one set of headers and with no extra lines above the title:
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE
ON TABLE SET LINES 999999

However I notice that when I go into Excel, Data, Edit Web Query, the "table selected" that I have selected, starts on line 2 (which is the first line of my title). There is another "table" for the whole page that can be selected. The difference appears to consist of one line, above this, which I have not selected. Maybe this is the difference.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE
ON TABLE SET LINES 999999

I tried that but it did not help. I ended up coming up with a work around and it seems to be working fine. In my report I print all field names blank which gives me all the data I want but no titles. Something like:

TABLE FILE TABLE1
PRINT FIELD_TITLE1 AS ''
FIELD_TITLE2 AS ''
FIELD_TITLE3 AS ''
FIELD_TITLE4 AS ''
BY FIELD_TITLE5 AS ''
BY FIELD_TITLE6 AS ''
END

When we use WebQuery, it gives us an option to format Excel and then import the data. I open the spreadsheet and use first row (A1.....N1) for my titles and then select the range using the second row (A2) instead of first (A1). Once we save the file and choose import/refresh data, later on, it will have titles on the first row and data will start on the second row which would give us a continuous report without any breaks in it. I hope that helps.

Mike

Expert
posted Hide Post
PAGE and PAGE-NUM are two names for the same setting.

This code generates a report with no blank lines above or below the column titles:

SET PAGE=NOLEAD
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY COUNTRY
END

Result:

TOP must be some new post-5.3 setting as it's not in my 5.3.2 documentation.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
PAGE=NOLEAD

Thanks Francis. I agree that it generates no blank lines above or below the column titles but it does not eliminate the column titles generated, in html reports, on each page.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I forgot that you wanted to use both PAGE and LINES:

SET PAGE=NOLEAD
SET LINES=999999
TABLE FILE GGSALES
PRINT SEQ_NO CATEGORY PRODUCT
WHERE SEQ_NO LT 500

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER,
FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=1, $
END

I set the font size to 1 to show many lines in one screenshot.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I also use webquerys in excel. What I do to eliminate the unwanted recoccuring column titles is by using as names. I set asnames = on and then in my table statement I set the fields to print out as ''. In excel, I manually enter the field names and just import the web query in the cell below the first row of column titles. This is the most common way we've found to work around the issue. Hope that helps as well.

TABLE FILE AIM_WORK_ORDER_REPORTING_MV
SUM CNT.WO_SEQNUM AS ''
BY RPT_WEEK AS ''
BY COMPLETED_BY AS ''
BY ITEM_TYPE AS ''

Vista

Expert
posted Hide Post
ok-
read this article about webquery creating; and see if you can look at this from another direction

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post