Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Impact Analysis Tool: Is there any way of Intercepting Output from fex Parser

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Impact Analysis Tool: Is there any way of Intercepting Output from fex Parser
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Mornin' y' all

I am currently engaged on a painful search through a domain of focexecs attempting to find a list of TABLEs that are used. I'm examining it by hand but as always hoping there's a way the computer could do the work for me.

The Impact Analysis tool (IAT) is very useful in determining whether a particular MASTER is used within any FOCEXECs, but I need it to work the other way round.

Now what the IAT must do is parse the FOCEXECs being searched and store TABLENAMEs and FIELDNAMEs to some internal store for later comparison to the object being IAT'ed. This intermediate output would be very useful to my search.

Has anyone tried sim or even know where the parser routine exists?

Yours forever living in hope.

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
On the top of the FocalPoint page is a link to Technical documentation. In this link select the area for search of documentation and type in the term "Impack Analysis". There is a lot of information that will help you.

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML