Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Import existing procedure into HTML Layout Painter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Import existing procedure into HTML Layout Painter
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I have two issues with HTML Layout Painter:

1) I want to create an html front end for an existing focus report. I created a new HTML file and imported my existing procedure. But that isn't really what I want. I don't want the report to appear anywhere on the html layout. I just want the parameters that are in my .fex (and in the -INCLUDE files) to show up on my html layout page. When the user enters the parameters and clicks submit I want the parameters passed to my focus code and I want my code to run. This wasn't quite so difficult in 5.2.3 as it seems to be in 7.1.4. If I remove the report from the layout (from the design tab) then it removes my fex (from the html tab). Do I have to save the html layout with the visible report and then edit the code in the text editor rather than html layout editor?

2) And when I import my existing procedure it creates a box for my report to appear in the web page, but it doesn't create my parameters (which actually first appear in the -INCLUDE files). If I import the -INCLUDE files separately into my layout then it adds the code to the .htm file (if I wanted that then I wouldn't use a -INCLUDE).

Is using HTML Layout Painter just a waste of time? So far it's frustrating, and it's very slow, especially when opening or closing it, or saving files. Things seemed easier in 5.2.3 when you had one .fex and one .htm file rather than having the fex embedded in the htm.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows 2008

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree see post below. I think they were trying to make it better..But I don't see it.
What if I don't want my fex in my Html

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/1531009591

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HTML Layout Painter is a big departure from Resource Layout Painter. The technologies are so different I've stopped trying to convert any html from earlier versions of WF to 7.1.4; I am rebuilding the html front ends from scratch on an as-needed basis.

To attach an html form to your fex:

First, be sure you have reviewed the help file on this subject, HTML Layout Painter, and/or reviewed the manuals.

What you want to do is add a hyperlink to your form to create the link between the form and the fex. Put a button on your form, right click it and select add a hyperlink. Select External Procedure in the "action" drop down and then select your procedure. Your parameters will be added. I haven't tried this with -INCLUDE but the procedure should be similar.

You do NOT have to import the fex into the form.

Good luck.

WebFocus 7.1.4 Win2K Client

WebFocus 7.1.6 Server

Posts: 22 | Location: san antonio texas | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post